3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Boston 2013 (Read 601 times)

That's terrible, spaniel.  One of my running group members and her family have friends who were injured.  One of them had to have a leg amputated...I can't even imagine.

There's an article about them here: http://www.wcnc.com/mobile-content/local-news/Local-man-on-brother-sister-in-law-injured-in-Boston-bombing-203170401.html

I need to go run.  It's the only thing that makes sense right now.

Both legs were amputated.  Her daughter on the sidelines would be dead if not for the quick help of those around in stopping the bleeding; her carotid artery was punctured. Disapprove

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

so horrible

so sorry

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

an amazing likeness

That's terrible news to hear Spaniel, life altered in a split second for no reason other than being at that place at that moment.  Just maddening. My heart hurts for all those hurt and their families. My pain and torment over this will pass, theirs will not.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

Both legs were amputated.  Her daughter on the sidelines would be dead if not for the quick help of those around in stopping the bleeding; her carotid artery was punctured. Disapprove

Damn.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

That's terrible. Similar stories just keep coming locally. Not comparable but, a coworker of my wife ran. Her PT was waiting the bleachers watching for her to finish and ended up breaking while scrambling down to escape. had her leg broken and lost a lot of skin due to bomb debris.

C-R

Words fail me so all I can offer is prayers for them and others in similar circumstance.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That is terrible to hear and I can not fathom what they and their family are going through.

Words totally fail me too.  Spaniel, your friend's niece and her family are in my thoughts at what must be an inconsolable time.  X - that is still a lot to deal with - so many physical and emotional injuries to so many people.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."