3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 1234 times)

Feeling the growl again

Have at it.

MandyS -- 9/3 -- National Relays 8.5K -- 34-35min                                               35:47; team won

TonyP -- 9/3 -- Manchester Star Tri -- Win AG, Top 3 on bike, <1:06                1:07:38, 6OA, 1AG, 1AGbike

C-R -- 9/5 -- North Salem 10K -- sub-50                                                                    44:48

rabutler -- 9/5 -- North Salem 10K -- sub-60                                                             56:59.9, PR

spaniel -- 9/5 -- North Salem 10K -- sub-35; win                                                       35:39, 2OA

Happyfeet -- 9/9-10 -- Blue Ridge Relay

will fix later HF..

NaderAlfie -- 9/10 -- Dumont 5K, Dumont NJ -- 19:30                                          20:03

obsessor -- 9/10 -- Do-Wacka Trail 50K -- win, sub-4:30                                       DNS

kmark -- 9/11 -- Springbank HM -- PR sub-1:28:28

spaniel -- 9/11 -- Chicago Half Marathon -- sub-1:17                                            1:17:10, 27th OA

Amores Perros - 9/17 -- 5K -- 18:20                                                                           17:43, PR

DoppleBock -- 9/17-18 NorthCoast 24 hour - Cleveland, OH - Top 2 OA             DNF

NaderAlfie - 9/17 - Ramsey 10k, Ramsey, NJ, sub-42, top 15                             41:11; 10th, big PR

Diamond J -- 9/24 -- Eliot Festival 5K, Eliot, ME; PR (<15:59)                              16:07

mbehr -- 9/25 -- Plainfield Harvest 5K -- Plainfield, IL -- sub-16:30                      16:26

NaderAlfie - 9/25 - Newport Liberty Half Marathon, Jersey City, sub-1:30         1:35:02

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

9/17-18 NorthCoast 24 hour - Cleveland, OH - Top 2 OA

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

9/17-18 NorthCoast 24 hour - Cleveland, OH - Top 2 OA

Which would mean a place in the US Team for the World Championships right?

Feeling the growl again

Which would mean a place in the US Team for the World Championships right?

Bingo.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

NaderAlfie - Newport Liberty Half Marathon, Jersey City, New Jersey, 9/25

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

NaderAlfie - Newport Liberty Half Marathon, Jersey City, New Jersey, 9/25

DUDE....1000+ facebook friends?  WTF???  I don't think I can even remember than many people!  Have another baby and you won't have that many friends anymore either... Wink

Oh, you have a goal yet?

sub-1:30

Feeling the growl again

sub-1:30

Got it.

Shouldn't you be in bed?  Oh yeah, PM inbound.

My kid won't stand for me being in bed so early!

I am starting to think about a fall marathon. I thought about BayState, but that's on 10/17, three weeks after this one. A HM seems like a strange workout for three weeks from a marathon. I could also do the half at Baystate, giving me a second crack at sub-1:30. Thoughts?

Feeling the growl again

I am starting to think about a fall marathon. I thought about BayState, but that's on 10/17, three weeks after this one. A HM seems like a strange workout for three weeks from a marathon. I could also do the half at Baystate, giving me a second crack at sub-1:30. Thoughts?

Five weeks is ideal IMHO, it gives you time to recover and get a few more weeks of sharpening tapering in before the marathon.  3 weeks, you recover from the HM and it's almost taper time...awkward....

No ideas what's out there.  Y could run Indianapolis Monumental, probably 6 weeks out from the half.  Free room+board, transport to the starting line, and post-race beer.

SunTrust Richmond on 12NOV?  Supposed to be well-organized, reasonably fast course.  The second half of the course sports beer and junk-food aid stations!  Oh, and wet washcloths handed out at the 17- and 23-mile marks -- in case you need to remediate a Candicing event, I guess.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

spaniel, ha, that's awesome. It's kind of like one of those golfing sweepstakes where if you win, you get Tiger Woods to be your caddy. haha.  

I broached the idea with my wife, you could not understand why I needed to go to Indiana to run a marathon.  Last year, she was kind of okay with Monkey because I made it seem like it was a big event with all my on-line running friends.  Of course, my very desire to meet my on-line friends also weirded her out.  

SunTrust Richmond on 12NOV?  Supposed to be well-organized, reasonably fast course.  The second half of the course sports beer and junk-food aid stations!  Oh, and wet washcloths handed out at the 17- and 23-mile marks -- in case you need to remediate a Candicing event, I guess.

Clive thanks for the idea.  Looks like a nice event, overall. 

Feeling the growl again

Chicago Half Marathon on 9/11.  I'm a fatass so sub-1:17 it is.