3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 1186 times)

Feeling the growl again

Gobble Gobble.

Goal                                                                                                                             _____          Result

Greg_C -- 11/5 -- Stone Cat 50 mile trail race, Ipswich, MA -- finish                                    10:07

rabutler -- 11/5 -- Indianapolis Monumental Half -- 2:10                                                     2:04:45

MandyS -- 11/6 -- NYC Marathon -- 3:05

TeaOlive - 11/12 - soldier marathon, columbus ga. <4 hrs.  or break myself trying.       4:01:11

mgerwn -- 11/13 -- Inagural Pell Bridge 4-miler -- Newport, RI -- 34:00

Amores Perros -- 11/19 -- Stone Mill 50 -- finish, happy and faster than 2010                ~11:28

KellyDodge -- 11/19 -- South Tahoe Turkey Trot 5K  -- bring home turkey                      Gobble

C-R -- 11/20 -- Flying Monkey Marathon -- 4:20, <10 beers                                              3:48:04

DoppleBock -- 11/20  -- HHFMM -- Sub 3:00 -- No beer                                                          DNS

Happyfeet -- 11/20 -- HHFMM -- 4:10

mgerwn -- 11/20 -- HHFMM -- 5:30

NaderAlfie -- 11/20 -- Philadelphia HM -- sub-1:30                                                             1:29:51

CliveF -- 11/24 -- LKN Turkey Trot 5K -- sub-20:40                                                                  DNS

CliveF -- 11/24 --  Southpark Turkey Trot 8K -- sub-34                                                            DNS

Diamond J -- 11/24 -- Thanksgiving Day 4-Miler, Portland, ME -- <21:00                          21:56(long)

TonyP -- 11/26 -- Running of the Turkeys 5k, Manchester, TN - goal: run a 5k            22:59, 1st AG 5th OA

Dopple Bock -- 11/27 -- Noodlini 5K, Depere, WI -- <18:30

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Stone Cat 50 mile trail race 11/5 Ipswich, MA.

This will be my first ultra of any kind, ever. For now I'll stick to the only goal I'm sure about, which is to finish the damn thing. I may throw a time goal out there when it gets closer. It's kinda giving me that same feeling I got before my first marathon, an equal mix of excited looking forward to it and "What the hell have I gotten myself into, holy crap I'm gonna die." Should be fun.

MTA: Went down this weekend for a pre-run on the course. It's a really fun course, but in no way would I describe it as fast. Now that I've seen what I'm in for, I'll throw out a goal of sub 10 hours.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

NaderAlfie -- 11/20 --Philadelphia Marathon (Half) -- sub-90

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Stone Mill 50 on Nov 19. Goal = finish, preferably faster than last year (12hrs) but at least as happy as last year. (I was wired after last year's, and walking around and stuff -- mostly looking for food & drink -- instead of being in a hurry to sit down.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Money marathon 11/20, Nashvegas. No real running goal perhaps under 4:20 (yeah its soft but so am I) + under 10 beers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

New York, New York Big grin

11/6.  I'm in start corral 6 in wave 1 (blue start judging by last years allocations).  Aiming for 3hrs but this appears to be a bit hopeful now.  3.05 might be ok though?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive - soldier marathon  11/12 columbus ga.   first marathon.  <4 hrs.  or break myself trying.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler -- 11/5 -- Indianapolis Monumental Half -- 2:10

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

DoppleBock 11/20 HHFMM -- Sub 3:00 -- No beer

I will fail at least one of my goals ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Hey, if you make them all you aren't setting the bar high enough...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

As long as you fail the right one.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Here is hoping you succeed in both. That will at least give me a fighting chance at some beer when my slow ass crosses the finish line.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

99.999% chance that will not happen 

Here is hoping you succeed in both.

Thanksgiving Day 4-Miler

Portland, ME

11/24

<21:00

I'm going to do the low-mileage high octane training for the next couple of months due to the fact that I will likely be going to OCS in January and will not be able to train for 2 solid months (boo).  So...I know I'm crapshooting here, but I'm not going to be able to race until the end of June next year so I am going to do what I can to sharpen the ginormous base I built over the past year. 

I've jumped into the Lydiard coordination phase, then I'll do the 2 weeks of freshening, followed by a solid month of continuation - then it's "adios muchachos".  I'll only hit about 35-40 miles this week, but then I will probably aim for 50-60 (but a HARD 50-60).

Regarding this race...It draws a lot of good runners (there are usually a few that finish under 20min) so there will be a lot of good comp drawing me along.  If I'm feeling it, I'll probably go out in 5:05 and try to hang on.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

DoppleBock

Sadly I am a DNS for Monkey - Our Companies Senior Management Team shceduled a meeting for early monday morning - I had it as vacation, but you do not ask 6 VPs and the president to reschedule.  The only reason I go to Monkey is to hang out with the people, so I cancelled my room and will not be there.

That does mean I will find something to run (shorter) this month to at least have a race - I am thinking maybe a 5k or 5M