3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2013 Racing Thread (Read 72 times)

J-L-C

April is a good month to race! Got a few lined up:

4/7 -- JLC -- Hapcheon 5k -- Top 3

4/14 -- JLC -- Daegu International 10k -- Top 6

4/28 -- JLC -- Jinju 5k -- Win

C-R

Since I have some unexpected free time that weekend.

4/20 Carmel HM Carmel IN <1:28:30

and drink beers with the Indy Hurtlocker crew

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

flarunner

4/14   flarunner   Iron Girl Half Marathon   Clearwater, FL   don't know yet

Okey doke, new goals:

Sub 1:42

Don't die in the heat, in the humidity or on the hills.

I know, I know it's Florida and we don't have hills. No, but we have bridges. And in this race we go over two bridges, twice.

Here is going up to mile 1 and coming down to mile 13:

Other side of the first bridge:

And the second bridge from way out in the water. Going out it's mile 4, coming back it's mile 9:

At least we don't have snow. Smile

#artbydmcbride

Or shade!  Shocked

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

4/6    TeaOlive     Umstead 100      Raleigh, NC     Thinking on it.     28hrs.

28 Hrs.

steph  

C-R

28 Hrs.

Good luck. Did it sell out in 10 minutes again?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck. Did it sell out in 10 minutes again?

Thanks!

Not sure.  I was on a plane to NY at the time.  My son registered me.  He said that it was no problemSmile

Though, I believe that they did use a new system this year.

steph  

J-L-C

April is a good month to race! Got a few lined up:

4/7 -- JLC -- Hapcheon 5k -- Top 3

4/14 -- JLC -- Daegu International 10k -- Top 6

4/28 -- JLC -- Jinju 5k -- Win

Gonna have to retract the above. April is going to suck for racing. I have bronchitis and haven't ran in five days. Haven't really trained in eight or nine days. Going to skip my April 7th race because...oww.  No aspirations at all for my race on the 14th except to be able to run and not start dying after 2 miles.

Maybe things will turn around by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone else! ^^

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Gonna have to retract the above. April is going to suck for racing. I have bronchitis and haven't ran in five days. Haven't really trained in eight or nine days. Going to skip my April 7th race because...oww.  No aspirations at all for my race on the 14th except to be able to run and not start dying after 2 miles.

Maybe things will turn around by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone else! ^^

That sucks JLC. I'm just getting over bronchitis myself and even though the worst is over, even a short run wipes me out. Hope you get back to racing soon.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Get better, J-L-C!  At least it's illness and not injury!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

+1

+1 from me too.

I'll remove the first one but leave the other two as is for now, on the off chance of a spectacular recovery.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

J-L-C

Thanks, everyone. Tried a 2 mile run this morning and it seemed "better" so hopefully on the up and up. Going to try a few more short runs over the weekend and see how it comes around.

I can't seem to make it through a winter without doing this to myself. Third winter in a row where I've essentially run myself into the ground and gotten sick. So obvious when I read back through my log but in the moment I'm always thinking I can eek out that little bit more. I feel a bit ridiculous. Blush

But anyway, time to move on. Happy hunting!

Feeling the growl again

At this point I'm hoping to simply run a race in April.  It will be ugly.  Now to find a weekend I can run one...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

4/6 - WhoDatRunner - 500 Festival Training Series 15K - Indianapolis, IN - <1:17

I think I may go ahead and give this a try even though I've been sick the past two weeks and have run very little. If I do, my goal will be just to finish the distance without walking.

C-R, are you running this one?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.