3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2013 Racing Thread (Read 72 times)

flarunner

Sorry spaniel. I sure hope you get this figured out and healed up soonest.

C-R

Nothing going today for me. Tired legs and a dodgy stomach. 1:38:37 including 5 minutes in the porto at mile 8. Yipee.

This race seemed to kick lots of people's ass.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nothing going today for me. Tired legs and a dodgy stomach. 1:38:37 including 5 minutes in the porto at mile 8. Yipee.

Sorry to hear it.  And I live in fear of the whole porto potty thing!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Bummer. I hope those hips get better. Take care of them. At least you were smart enough to DNF.

Thanks all.  I did not have much choice but to DNF.  When the inflammation sets into one or the other the leg simply stops working.  When I couldn't flex my right hip or feel my foot anymore and was up to 7min pace with 17 to go it was time to stick a fork in it.

The 4 miles back was cold and miserable.  They told me I could stand by the med tent for 90 minutes with no clothes and wait for the tail wagon, or they could call an ambulance, or I could get back on my own.  Since I had to walk half of it, and it was into the wind, I was chilled to the bone.  But I came back along the first two miles out, and I benefitted from some of my fellow runners being inconsiderate slobs; the first two miles were littered with a hundred or more discarded shirts.  I picked up a synthetic t-shirt, then later a nice sweatshirt, to wear for the last half hour coming in.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Bummer. I hope those hips get better. Take care of them. At least you were smart enough to DNF.

What he said!  Get this taken care of so you can get back out there.

kcam

Sorry to hear it, spaniel.  Like everyone else said, get it figured out and healed.

Crappity.  Heal up already!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Sorry for lagging on the updates to the board this week. I'll get it all up to date tomorrow.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

an amazing likeness

Sorry to hear you had a sucky day, CR, but...uggh....5 minutes in the porta-john, and your still outran my PR for the distance. I'll take that as sign #43 that it's time to rethink this running gig.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Sorry to hear you had a sucky day, CR, but...uggh....5 minutes in the porta-john, and your still outran my PR for the distance. I'll take that as sign #43 that it's time to rethink this running gig.

The secret to this running gig is not to benchmark yourself against others; by that measure all of us here suck.

It would have been unfortunate if I had rethought this running gig when the girls' team had to wait up for me on runs.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I'll stop now before I start whining.  I need to buckle down and re-double my efforts to figure this thing out.

I hope that you get it figured out soon.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Nothing going today for me.

There will be other days.  Keep at it.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Today the long distance stop is kind of funny. I wouldn't see it as a sign of anything other than a dodgy stomach. Its a simple issue where others are fighting complex stuff so I'm fortunate.

There are good and bad days with everything so why should running be excluded from that. I'll lace 'em up in a few weeks and take another shot. It's all good but nothing to have you stay away from running. Readjust your goals and then beat those and readjust again. Don't work off other's results just work off their training ideas and examples.

Oh and frankly I may be popping Imodium like Pez prior to the next race. Just in case. Big grin

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

4/20 - WhoDatRunner - Carmel HM - Carmel, IN - <1:50

This was just a suck ass day all around. Well, except for the beer afterwards. That was good.

2:09:43

I'm officially boycotting the town of Carmel for racing. Nothing good ever comes of it. Sorry C-R. I'll be happy to drink beer any time there though.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I'm officially boycotting the town of Carmel for racing. Nothing good ever comes of it. Sorry C-R. I'll be happy to drink beer any time there though.

I get that. Beer drinking was good. This weekend's racing not so much.

Time to regroup, rally and hammer the mini. Should we bring a few brews for that?