3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 Goals (Read 465 times)

...listen to the thunder

Stay on the same page of the YTD Distance as Mr. DoppleBock.  Smile

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Feeling the growl again

Don't fucking tempt me.

Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Do we need this in a list at the front? If so, I'm limiting you aholes to your top 3 goals

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

1) Set two PRs.

5K looks too hard, but 400m, 1mi, 10K, 10mi, metric marathon, and marathon are all possibles, I think. (The marathon sucks, but I can't resist it.) HM is a gimme so won't count.

2) Run some steady-state distance runs - this would probably help my marathon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

1. Run first marathon (Atlanta 2013)

2. Run BQ time (same race)

3. PR at 5K, 10K and HM distances.

4. Run 2,800 miles for the year

5. Less than three unplanned/injury days off.

6. Do my core training consistently and avoid any drama involving my back.
            7. Pursue my new love affair with Flanders red ales.

1) Sub 7 at Ice Age 50 mile.  - It requires the perfect race, perfect conditions, fueling, and fitness.  A lot to ask for a 50 miler, but what the hell.

2) Run a 100 mile race.  No time goal, these get me into trouble.

3) Marathon PR (<2:54:46).  Don't be stupid like last year and go for a long shot.

Other stuff -

Stay healthy, do core work consistently, and run/race a lot of ultras.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

1) Set two PRs.

5K looks too hard, but 400m, 1mi, 10K, 10mi, metric marathon, and marathon are all possibles, I think. (The marathon sucks, but I can't resist it.) HM is a gimme so won't count.

2) Run some steady-state distance runs - this would probably help my marathon.

Someone I raced with this morning is going to try again to break 3 at our local marathon in the spring. The marathon is so painful and stupid, but I'm getting tempted to try to go along for the ride - what could possibly go wrong?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Someone I raced with this morning is going to try again to break 3 at our local marathon in the spring. The marathon is so painful and stupid, but I'm getting tempted to try to go along for the ride - what could possibly go wrong?

You might come to like it!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau