3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pace Bunny? (Read 277 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just throwing out ideas. I don't know how easy it would be for Eric to change it, or if he'd even be willing.

Maybe just drop the bunny and the finish line and just have a graph with YTD miles? No finish line. Just keep running!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I'm not sure those over the goal can stay on, I think its coded to drop those that have reashed the goal.

Whats the name of this User Group? Isn't it 2012 miles in the Hurtlocker?

I guess thats why I even brought up that a pace bunny (should be a lion...king of the jungle and all) would be a nice addition and it seemed fitting to have it track to 2012 miles. I personally liked that feature in the other group that tracks mileage similar to this group and thats one of the few reasons I even venture into that place.

Yes.

It changes to 2013 on Jan 1. This is not a static group. 

I requested a wolverine since they are pretty bad ass but we ended up with a pink bunny.

Also, FWIW even as an admin I have no options on the miles goal. Almighty Eric programmed it for a certain mileage but I have asked to max this next year so we stay on the boards.

Get running!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

No finish line. Just keep running!

Damn straight.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I requested a wolverine since they are pretty bad ass but we ended up with a pink bunny.

Now Trent's pretty close to the bunny, maybe we use him....oh wait, I've seen heard what he's done before, so maybe we should just stick with a wolverine.  It can't be anything else otherwise Spaniel will just want to shoot it.

Feeling the growl again

What, no honey badger?

That's okay, we already have Pam, and she seems to be able to keep going through damn near anything.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Hah, just noticed the title change of the Hurtlocker.  Yeah, that's going to hurt.

Feeling the growl again

Hah, just noticed the title change of the Hurtlocker.  Yeah, that's going to hurt.

Holy crap.  Well, I'll get as close as I can but I think those days are past for me.  I would be ecstatic with 3650 (10 miles per day).

C-R

Holy crap. Time to nut up and run some more.

The more I think of it, we should have an avatar or A1 or DB  or Schneider instead of a bunny. Perhaps with them flipping us the bird as they rack up the miles and we chase.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Probably a dumb joke considering that I haven't logged a run in months, but the more I think of it, the more I think, why not? We have a 2000 mile group. What is 2000 + one extra day of running? Of course no one has to do it or even come close, but it might be fun to have a big ol stretch goal pace bunny. Opinions? Change it back?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I was hoping for 3000+ next year.  I like the idea of a stretch goal to keep me from turning pansy-ass when it's hot this summer.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

The only way I get 3650 miles is if I can add in the bike and swim mileage, but I'm not whining about it. Hell no.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

kcam

3650's kinda OK with me.  I don't think I could hit it but for the past two months I've tried to keep my overall mileage up near 10 a day so this might be another motivational tool for me.  

I like it. I won't hit it, but I like it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Kalsarikännit

C-R, since you went to the trouble of getting the amazing Mr. Smileyface to add a bunny, what do you think? El Presidente A1? I'm just some mope floating ideas here.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

The only way I get 3650 miles is if I can add in the bike and swim mileage, but I'm not whining about it. Hell no.

According my my log I've already gone 3116 miles for the year. I'm still way short. If I logged walking too I'd be close.