3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pace Bunny? (Read 277 times)

C-R

C-R, since you went to the trouble of getting the amazing Mr. Smileyface to add a bunny, what do you think? El Presidente A1? I'm just some mope floating ideas here.

I asked The All Powerful Eric to make it 3k through Dec and then larger next year.

I'm ok with what everyone wants to do. I won't ever hit 4000 simply because 8760 hours is just not enough for my slow self. but it would be neat to keep the board visible for all. 

So you want 2000 miles + 1 day (what's that equal)? I'm in training today and a bit slow on the uptake.

Frankly based on our attitude it should be ∞. There is no finish line (per WhoDat)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

So you want 2000 miles + 1 day (what's that equal)? I'm in training today and a bit slow on the uptake.

My misunderstanding. I thought you were going to make it 2013 miles for next year, based upon the group name. That seemed redundant with the 2000 group having a bunny. What about spaniels suggestion of 3650? There is a 99% chance I won't make it, but I think it will be fun to watch the big boys, and entertaining to see how close one can get.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

C-R

My misunderstanding. I thought you were going to make it 2013 miles for next year, based upon the group name. That seemed redundant with the 2000 group having a bunny. What about spaniels suggestion of 3650? There is a 99% chance I won't make it, but I think it will be fun to watch the big boys, and entertaining to see how close one can get.

3650 seems the general consensus. 

Crap!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

3650 seems the general consensus. 

Crap!

Cowboy up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

Double Crap

Better up my shoe allowance.

Kalsarikännit

I think just running 3650 miles in a year would be easy-peasy. However, I can't fathom how to run 3650 with quality workouts twice a week.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

3650? FUCK unless that is meters. I got that. No way in hell will I get 3650 miles or even close in 2013 no matter how my recovery goes

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The King of Beasts

3650 seems like a good number

5200 would be a good goal for 2013, maybe 5720

knock on wood

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Feeling the growl again

3650 seems like a good number

5200 would be a good goal for 2013, maybe 5720

knock on wood

5720?  Holy hell.  I need to catch up on the goals thread and see what you are aiming at with that kind of firepower in the chamber.

Does that mean you're going to share your log so you appear?  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Does that mean you're going to share your log so you appear?  Smile

You can see the number even though the log is private.  There is just no link to get into it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

You can see the number even though the log is private.  There is just no link to get into it.

<<facepalm>>

It's been awhile.

C-R

Eric has made the changes.

God have mercy on our souls.

Nut up and run.

Feeling the growl again

Nut up and run.

Wow.  I'm surprised by some of the totals I see for this year.  I am humbled, good running on here.

That said, I'm looking forward to the Jan 1 reset Smile

We now have the most badass pace bunny goal on RA, I would guess.

Nut up and run.

Son of a ....... just got bumped to page 3.

I'm suprised by some of those totals also, makes me a bit envious.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

We now have the most badass pace bunny goal on RA, I would guess.

I'm not sure those words go together  - badass and pace bunny.