3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2015 (Read 60 times)

So who is planning what for 2015?  Right now I have only one real race that I'm signed up for and that is #3 on my goal list.  I should hit somewhere close to 2500 miles for the year which is about average for me over the last 4 years.  After two hamstring sucker punches throughout the year, I actually didn't race that much in 2014.  Had two goal races, Boston and a half mary in November.  We'll have to see what can be done about that.  No marathon plans in the cards.

Here's what I hope to achieve in 2015:

1. 2800 miles

2. 5k < 16

3. Complete my first 70.3 triathlon (sub-4:50)

4. Add in regular strength training

5. Stretch regularly and improve flexibility

6. Achieve or improve on an old man PR in at least one distance

Feeling the growl again

1.  Boston - goal TBD.  Would really like a PR but not sure how reasonable that is right now.  At a minimum, my fastest Boston (<2:37).

2.  Sub-1:12 HM

3.  Sub-33 10K

4.  Sub-16 5K

No other races are set yet, although I am eyeing Tom King HM in Nashville (March) and Indy Monumental for a fall marathon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

I haven't really worked on this that much yet. But I do have some goals:

1. Find my mojo

2. Sub 18 5k in March

3. Sub 5 Mile (or sub 4:40 1500) on the track this spring/summer somewhere.

4. 2500 total miles. I think I am not going to focus as much on mileage as I have before.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

1. Regular strength workouts (third year in a row)

2. Regular plyometric workouts

3. Regular hill training

4. Sub-16 (or sub-1615, which ever comes first)

5. Sub-78 half marathon

6. Top 100 at Wharf to Wharf (getting to the start line may be harder)

7. Eat better, drink less

And we run because we like it
          Through the broad bright land

1. Start Racing again

2. Stretch and strengthen back neglected over past 3-4 years

3. Get closer to my 2011 times

4. Break 6:30 in the mile (should be the easiest goal)

5. Run at least 120 miles/month, 2000 miles for year

6. Not signup for Monkey, maybe volunteer this time

The King of Beasts

Enjoy running and training again, lost my mojo big time this year

Lose this weight from the last few shit months

Run more races and have some fun

Run a good Monkey in November 2015

A few good road trips in my new old car

100mpw, some good long runs, my Marathon PR might be soft enough to take down, I just gotta stop being a bitch.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

kcam

I find myself still suffering from a moderate case of PF in my left heel.  I've been doing all I can, short of taking a break from running, to get it healed to no avail.  After my 12/7 marathon I've run only once and am keeping to my resolution to take at least until Jan 1 as a break from trainiing.  I'm getting fat and out of shape!

My goals for 2015 is to

1 - Get the PF in my left heel cleared up enough to resume training.

2 - De-emphasize distance training and emphasize speed in a few mini-cycles until the end of the summer.

3 - Do all I can to be ready to ramp mileage at the end of August.

4 - Get back on my mountain bikes on a regular basis for some low impact (as long as I don't crash too much!), cardiovascular training.

Towards #4 I rode about 12 miles of easy trails yesterday and 4 miles of tough, technical trails today.  Beautiful day, I got in just under an hour at HR of 150-155  (2 miles of solid, technical climbing) which is GREAT!  To get an hour at 150-155 HR running, I'd have had to run well over 10 miles at slightly faster than marathon pace.  My heel is thanking me for not subjecting it to that right now.

Feeling the growl again

I just gotta stop being a bitch.

Sums up my problem in far fewer words.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I just gotta stop being a bitch.

If I man up and do the proper training all the other shit will fall into place. That's 2015 for me if I really want it.

Brevity is the soul of wit and A1 hit it out of the park.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Brevity is the soul of wit and A1 hit it out of the park.

Da man speaks the truth without pulling punches.  Own it.

I'm gonna do everything in my power to PR by 6 minutes and 23 seconds at Boston. That's it. After that, we'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

Meh.  Hip is better than a year ago after surgery as far as sitting pain goes but I still have some nerve impingement shit going on somewhere.  So,,,

• Figure out what is going on with my hip.  I took a few months off from doctors one because my hip needed to heal from surgery and two I am sick of going to the doctors.
                          • Be able to exercise regularly without my hip interfering.  Get into some kind of shape including losing weight.
                          • Run another beer mile somewhere.
                          • Hiking.  It appears that I can walk, and I live near some great places to hike nearby, including the AT.  When the weather gets nicer I cannot go on long runs on weekends but I may try some long hikes.  This might help on a few fronts, including my attitude.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Slo

1) I long to have the itch...Find my Mojo back to where running partly defines who I am.

2) Average 50+ mile weeks for 2600 miles in 2015

3) You fast fucks make my sub 20 5k goal look like shit. Smile

4) Sub 1:34 Half Marathon.

After a horrible last 18 months (injury, injury, medical issue, and injury), I think/hope I've bottomed out and can only go up.

1. Get some regularity consistency back. (Regularity ain't an issue. Fiber FTW!)
                              2. Ride the bike for more aerobic load as the muscles/bones/stuff adapt to running again.
                              3. Keep my lower back in check with 1-2 strength workouts/week.
                              4. Reach the entrance of the Pain Cave, lift my head up, draw a breath, and resolutely enter.

6. Not signup for Monkey, maybe volunteer this time

How weird would it be for two guys to drive 8 hours each way to volunteer for Monkey and not run it?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau