3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August 2012 Racing Thread (Read 641 times)

Prince of Fatness

I have not been following the racing threads much and forgot that I had volunteered for this.  Maybe paying attention to this will provide some motivation.  Anyway, post 'em if you got 'em.

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
    rockenmamaof5 1st 5K Dead Harrier's 5k Warminster, PA 22:40 23:35
    C-R 4th 5K Carmelfest Run for Haiti Carmel, IN Sub 21 20:13 *
    DoppleBock 4th 5K Seymour Bun Run Seymour, WI Sub 19  18:27 *
    MilkTruck 4th 10K Beach to Beacon 10K Cape Elizabeth, ME 46:30 48:13
    Burnt Toast 4th Tri Graniteman - Big Lake Triathlon Big Lake, MN Top 10 AG, Sub 1:25 8th AG, 1:18:28 *
    rockenmamaof5 4th 8.5M River 2 Sea Relay Leg 1 NJ   1:05:56
    rockenmamaof5 4th 5.5M River 2 Sea Relay Leg 2 NJ   48:36
    MilkTruck 5th HM Cape Ann Yukanrun Half   1:41 2:00.13
    spaniel 9th 5K some midnight 5K Columbus, IN 16:40 DNS
    Candice S. 11th Marathon Paavo Nurmi Marathon   Win 3:10:12 FTW *
    Burnt Toast 11th 5K Upsala Heritage 5 Upsala, MN Sub 23 DNS
    MilkTruck 19th 10K Westport Island Shore Run 10K Westport Island, ME 49:59 48:54 *
    WhoDatRunner 25th 15K Dino Trail Run Series Indianapolis, IN 1:45 1:32:16
    Burnt Toast 26th Tri Lakes Country Triathlon Baxter, MN Sub 1:35, 25% AG 1:33:23, 22% AG *
    CliveF 31st 10K Tacky 10K Davidson, NC Sub 42 46:11

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

Only found 1 race to fit in - 1st 5k  in a very long time - Family affair with all 4 of us doing the event 

I have not been following the racing threads much and forgot that I had volunteered for this.  Maybe paying attention to this will provide some motivation.  Anyway, post 'em if you got 'em.

NameDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult

DB 5K Seymour Bun Run, Seymour, WI Sub 19:00

I have never raced a 5k with any reduction in training and this will be the same - There was a time I thought I could break 17 in a 5k and now I am scared at the thought of trying to run 6:07s ... That's how far I have sunk away from speed workouts.  In the next 18 months I am trying to change that.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

I used a template from my days in the Swamp.  That was weekly and the date wasn't really relevant.  I just added a date column to this one.  DB if you want to post the date of your race I will add it.  Not necessary, though.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Aug 4 - Carmelfest Run for Haiti 5k Carmel IN  sub 21

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Aug 4th

I used a template from my days in the Swamp.  That was weekly and the date wasn't really relevant.  I just added a date column to this one.  DB if you want to post the date of your race I will add it.  Not necessary, though.

an amazing likeness

08/04 MilkTruck - Beach to Beacon 10K, Cape Elizabeth, ME, g=46:30

08/05 MilkTruck - Cape Ann Yukanrun Half, g=1:41:00

08/19 MilkTruck - Westport Island Shore Run 10K, Westport Island, ME, g=49:59 (this is billed as toughest 10K course in Maine)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

8/04/12

Graniteman - Big Lake Triathlon (S=0.33mi, B=15mi, R=3.1mi)

Big Lake MN

Goals:

Top 10 40-44 AG

Sub 1:25:00

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

8-1  Dead Harrier's 5k Warminster Pa  Goal 22:40  (that will probably kill me but oh well)

8-3  R2S relay will post both legs when I get them officially tomorrow night

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
                    CliveF 31th 10K Tacky 10k Davidson NC Sub-42 (hilly course)  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hey, since you know where to get new legs, can you order me a new patellar tendon too?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

August 4, no?

Not at it at all. 

August 4, no?

Yep the 4th my bad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Setonfest 5k this morning. 20:13. Pleasantly surprised. Humid as hell. Fickin 2nd mile. I need to nut up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

After 5 years since my last hard 5k and I think this was the 8th 5k I have every done - I remember why I hat them so much from todays race.

I ran likely the best 5ks (By effort) that I have run - 5:57 - 5:58 - 6:32 last 1.1 - 18:27.

By 1.5 miles I hurt bad enough I wanted to back off, by 2 miles I started to have a real hard time getting eough O2 ... by 14 minutes the rest was max pain and dizziness.  I could have forced more a tiny more speed out of the legs - my o2 processing was maxed.

Very happy with race and effort, but not with my current leg speed.  Lots of work to do there.

Feeling the growl again

I ran likely the best 5ks (By effort) that I have run - 5:57 - 5:58 - 6:32 last 1.1 - 18:27.

Very happy with race and effort, but now with my current leg speed.  Lots of work to do there.

Nice pacing there.  Solid time, especially considering they type of training you've been focused on.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills