3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

This might be enough to get me to run Disney (Read 40 times)

Feeling the growl again

The Dopey.

With that, the mouse is hurtlocker-worthy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Damn it Jane I was thinking of retiring any Disney runs. This is just stoopid enough for me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

Meh.

It's not like you wouldn't have covered 5 & 10 K distance those days prior to the half and the full anyway just keeping your legs loose. It seemed, for most, that the challenge of the Goofy was covering the distance, not racing.

In full disclosure, I've already committed to running the Disney 2014 marathon. My (currently) non running wife is doing the 5K and has already recruited a couple friends to join her. That's cool and all but, due to the new 10K, they have moved the 5K from Friday to Thursday. Now, we've got to shift our travel dates and fly out the day after the Marathon. This year I had 3 solid days of drinking in the sun after the half!

Feeling the growl again

It seemed, for most, that the challenge of the Goofy was covering the distance, not racing.

I am not most...yes, I have done 147mpw so I am not impressed with just the distance.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I think the stunt is racing them all. So let's run the numbers for me

5K = 20

10K = 41

HM = 1:30 - 1:35

Full = 3:20

Total = 5:51 (under 6 hours)

That would be a good stunt. Also considering that each day you need to be on a bus by 4am to make the start line.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

5K - 16:20 (pretty much all out at this point)

10K - 34:00 (doable, decently aggressive)

HM - 1:16 (wildcard; taking into account previous races but still running hard)

Marathon - 2:40 (No PRs here but go hard or go home)

Total - 4:46:20

C-R

oh btw - it ain't free (very un-hurtlockerish)

Dopey Challenge

• $495 by June 18, 2013
                • $525 between June 19, 2013 and August 13, 2013
                • $555 on or after August 14, 2013

Ostrich runner

The girl on the right on the Disney banner is freaking me out. Looks demon-ish.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

oh btw - it ain't free (very un-hurtlockerish)

Dopey Challenge

• $495 by June 18, 2013

Fuck that.

Prince of Fatness

• $495 by June 18, 2013

What spaniel said, and this wouldn't even scratch the surface of the vacation budget.  I get that you could challenge yourself on combined time and all but the cost would be a deal breaker for me.  Add to that the fact that I would be fatigued which would take away from some of the non running fun.

A lot of money to spend on a stupid (and potentially selfish if you take the rest of your family into consideration) stunt.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Fuck that.

That was the consensus in the house last night and you know how much we adore the mouse house.

So here's the challenge. Can we find local races sufficiently spaced to make our own challenge (5k - 10k same day; HM Full back to back; 10K-HM, ....) and for a heck of a lot less cost.

That could be a good stunt without the subsequent bankruptcy proceedings.

flarunner

First off, I think you really wanted to do it for the bling. Wink

Secondly, Gasparilla Distance Classic. Weekend of Feb. 22 & 23:

5K & 15K on Saturday. Half & 8K on Sunday.

Website here: http://www.tampabayrun.com/

And only a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to Mouseland.

xhristopher

What spaniel said, and this wouldn't even scratch the surface of the vacation budget.  I get that you could challenge yourself on combined time and all but the cost would be a deal breaker for me.  Add to that the fact that I would be fatigued which would take away from some of the non running fun.

A lot of money to spend on a stupid (and potentially selfish if you take the rest of your family into consideration) stunt.

Fortunately its probably the least expensive time to go. This year we scored three direct flights for 550 total and on property hotel was at a fraction of the busy season price. Also, not so many school age kids so the crowds were in our favor.

I floated the idea of the Goofy and it was vetoed by my son who recognized the time and fatigue involved with that would get in the way of vacation. Smart kid. as noted, I could do that stunt on my own time and on a much smaller budget.

Feeling the growl again

First off, I think you really wanted to do it for the bling. Wink

Secondly, Gasparilla Distance Classic. Weekend of Feb. 22 & 23:

5K & 15K on Saturday. Half & 8K on Sunday.

Website here: http://www.tampabayrun.com/

And only a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to Mouseland.

Not far from the truth.  Back in the day when I was reasonably fast my wife wanted me to try and win Disney and get her the medal as it's relatively unique.  But I got old and slow, our family got bigger, and travel for us got more expensive.  When the youngest is old enough to enjoy it we'll do a vacation down there; perhaps I can fit the race in then.

bhearn

Fuck that.

Yes, it's not called the Dopey Challenge for nothing. Many of my FB friends have been laughing about this, predicting which other friends would get excited about it... generally correctly.

It is a strange sort of thing. Yes, for most the Goofy Challenge is about the distance, but anyone who can do that can probably also throw in a 5k and a 10k. Conversely, nobody can really run all 4 (or even 2) events at their best. So it's all about deciding what counts as a good performance for you, but that seems like a pretty vague thing here.

So, yeah, the only way this makes sense to me is as a transparent way to just milk the suckers a little more.