3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Advice needed (Read 389 times)

Thanks for all the replies. My body has made the decision for me. I will NOT be running the marathon and probably not the HM as well.  My running has GONE down the toilet. After taking 4 days off I tried to do my long run and had to stop at 12 due to tired legs. My next run was Wed and I got 4 miles in before stopping and today I got a little over a mile. Anyways I've been getting myself aquainted with my bike and will continue to keep trying in the evening to get a couple miles in. I'm going back to my regular doctor on the 5th since things have really progressed since I saw him last. I'm hoping that there is some way he can get me into the Neuro ASAP since I have yet to hear from them.

Anyway I have hopes of being able to return back to running so that I can get back to "hurting" myself in hopes of achieving my goals. I want to say thank you to all of you and hope that you all have a great time running, kicking ass even if it's your own and achieving your goals!

Ciao

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Damn.  My thoughts are certainly with you...earlier this morning I actually was wondering if you may have figured anything out yet.

If you are progressing but getting stonewalled on getting in and having this looked at more thoroughly, you need to start barking very loudly and MAKE it their priority to get you the care you NEED!  Nothing wrong with being the squeaky wheel occasionally when it is warranted...and I think this qualifies.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Please keep us informed when you do know something.

Thanks for all the replies. My body has made the decision for me. I will NOT be running the marathon and probably not the HM as well.  My running has GONE down the toilet. After taking 4 days off I tried to do my long run and had to stop at 12 due to tired legs. My next run was Wed and I got 4 miles in before stopping and today I got a little over a mile. Anyways I've been getting myself aquainted with my bike and will continue to keep trying in the evening to get a couple miles in. I'm going back to my regular doctor on the 5th since things have really progressed since I saw him last. I'm hoping that there is some way he can get me into the Neuro ASAP since I have yet to hear from them.

Anyway I have hopes of being able to return back to running so that I can get back to "hurting" myself in hopes of achieving my goals. I want to say thank you to all of you and hope that you all have a great time running, kicking ass even if it's your own and achieving your goals!

Ciao

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

Real sorry to hear this.  I agree with what spaniel said about being the squeaky wheel.

Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

I definitely agree on being the squeaky wheel and insisting you get heard and investigated. 

So sorry to read your update. please let us know how things are going, you'll be in my thoughts.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pam- I am so sorry.  

As every one has said above, make all of the noise necessary to get the attention you need.  This doesn't sound like something

that should be put off.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

steph  

Thanks guys!  I'm going back to see my regular doctor on Wed. If he can't get me into the Neurologist ASAP I may just end up in the emergency room despite the fact that it's not a life or death situation. My husband seems to think that if I wasn't a stay at home mom that the process might not be going so slow. Well now that it's causing problems with pretty much everything I do (with biking being the exception though I'm getting pretty wobbly on it) I can't afford to just sit and wait

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I hope the wait until Wednesday doesn't feel too long.  Heading to A&E does sound like a good way to at least get some investigation started, especially as you are suffering in a number of activities that, combined with your symptoms, could land you in A&E.  Keep shouting and pushing for attention.  If your husband can help fight it with you by insisting on you being seen that use him too.  x

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Doctor is very concerned and thinks that my brain is involved so I will be getting an MRI done. He said I should hear from him or the MRI center it's self by Friday (gotta go through insurance first) to schedule an appointment. He said I should also be hearing from the Neurologist by Friday and if not to let him know. Hopefully I'll have some answers soon!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Pam.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

+1,000,000

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Pam.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Prince of Fatness

I'm sending positive vibes your way Pam.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thanks everyone so much!!!

Against better judgement I will be doing my HM on Saturday. I WON"T PR, crap I may not even finish HOWEVER my feet will look good in the new Asics Hyperspeed 5 that I just bought today. I've never worn them and I know you don't wear shoe's that you've never wore in a race but considering I probably shouldn't even race why not. If anything I may injure myself bad enough I WON"T want to run