3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Spaniel Farms Keg Tap 5K (Read 50 times)

Feeling the growl again

When:  Friday, July 19th; whatever time people show up

Where:  Spaniel Farms (if you are likely to show you know where)

Why:  The beer mile keg needs to be dialed in!

Cost:  Nothing.  The course (XC, I might find time to mow it) and weather will take it out of your ass.  Unless you want the "Rock n' Roll" version, in which case you can pay my $80, I will bring my old boom box out on the course, and I will sucker punch you at the finish for being so stoopid.

Distance:  5K, +/- Garmin error

Refreshments:  I'm sure I can dig something dead out of the freezer and slap it on the grill....

RSVP, if there are 2 of us I will mow the course otherwise I may wait a few days.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

You had me at throwing something dead on the grill.

now mow the lawn treadmill terminator.

and turn down that effing music.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

You had me at throwing something dead on the grill.

now mow the lawn treadmill terminator.

and turn down that effing music.

F yeah. it is on.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Can I just drink your beer and cheer you on? Not really sure I'd want to run in 90 degree temps and 70+ dew point.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Can I just drink your beer and cheer you on? Not really sure I'd want to run in 90 degree temps and 70+ dew point.

Sure, although "run" may be a loose term.

C-R

Dude! Pull up your panties and lets jog this thing.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

I'll run the 5K at the same time and join you guys in the beer drinking remotely.  Will report my time for the run.

I'll run the 5K at the same time and join you guys in the beer drinking remotely.  Will report my time for the run.

I'll drink beer and look at my watch occasionally. Close enough?

Feeling the growl again

Dude! Pull up your panties and lets jog this thing.

+1.  Just do what the avatar does and stand neck deep in the pond every lap.  Big grin

I may need to break his heart and lock him in the house for this though, he's not a pup anymore.

Feeling the growl again

I'll drink beer and look at my watch occasionally. Close enough?

That's pretty much been my training plan for the past two months.  I picked one hell of a weather streak to try and change my tune.

C-R

Does 7 pm work?

Feeling the growl again

Is this today?  I forgot about this and ran a stupid pace (bailed on the workout when I got nauseous after just 2nd interval of the planned 4 X 1K @ 5K pace workout) in 75 temp and 100 % humidity this morning and am currently wiped out.

Should have dialed down the pace to adjust for the heat a bit, but the stupid Garmin beeping was intolerable and made me run faster than I intended.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

URL for the live feed?  ESPN8 only had a dead link next to "Hamster Soccer".

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

URL for the live feed?  ESPN8 only had a dead link next to "Hamster Soccer".

I wouldn't recommend watching. I may be going shirtless. You don't want to subject yourself to an old, slow, blindingly white dude for 30 minutes.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.