3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

Feeling the growl again

Spring flowers bring racing powers.

Result:

mbehr -- 5/1 -- Still Shuffle 5K -- <17:00                                                                    15:59  (short course, 3.0 GPS?)

NaderAlfie -- 5/1 -- Long Brand HM -- sub-1:30                                                    1:35:11

rockenmamof5 -- 5/1 -- Leigh Valley HM -- 1:47

MandyS -- 5/7 -- Univ XC Relays 3.9K -- 17:30                                                         17:56

MrPHinNJ -- 5/7 -- NJ Spring Trail Series #3 HM -- 2:17                                       2:08:09

NaderAlfie -- 5/7 -- Newport 10K, Jersey City -- sub-41                                           44:49

rabutler -- 5/7 -- Indy Mini HM -- 2:30                                                                         2:20:50

smalcolm -- 5/7 -- Lost Lake 50K -- don't die, maybe top 3                                    didn't die, got lost

wannaberunner - 5/7 -- Komen 5K -- didn't see one?                                               20:14, 4th OA 1st Master

Candice S. -- 5/12 -- MN mile -- 5:43                                                                          5:44 and wasted the chunky chick

Dopple Bock -- 5/14 -- Ice Age 50 Mile Trail Race -- sub-8 hrs, >8 beers           7:47 an 10 beers

NaderAlfie -- 5/14 -- Shepherd's Lake 5K -- PR

CandiceS -- 5/15 -- Rockford HM -- 1:26-1:28                                                          1:31:45

TonyP -- 5/15 -- Knoxville Half IM -- 5:30                                                                    6:05

wannaberunner -- 5/15 -- Pittsburgh HM -- listen to Mr. Myagi                              1:31:09, PR by 1min

mbehr -- 5/22 -- Seven Bridges 10-miler -- <57                                                        DNF

MandyS -- 5/27 -- Vossier Shield 5K  -- 26:00                                                           26:11

MrPHinNJ -- 5/28 -- Run For Derek 5K, Easton PA -- 21:30                                   DNS

NaderAlfie -- 5/21 -- West Essex 5K -- PR                                                                  20:27

TonyP - 5/29 -- GJCC Sprint Triathlon -- <48min                                                      48:20

AmorrosPerros -- 5/28 -- 10 miler -- 1:03:44                                                             1:03:57.5

AmorrosPerros -- 5/29 -- 5 miler -- 31:24, PR, at least sub-32                                  31:15

NaderAlfie -- 5/30 -- Ridgewood 10K -- sub-41:30                                                   43:54

Candice S. -- Monday -- Brian Kraft 5K -- I dunno you tell me                                 19:42

SeanV2 -- 5K -- no goal stated, PR?                                                                             21:49

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

May 1st Lehigh Valley Half marathon

and I'm still debating on either doing Run for the Red Marathon  on May 16th or 24 hour race at 3 days at the fair which is  the same weekend

GOal for LVHM is sub 1:45   I'll add goal for the other race when I make up my mind    As much as I'd LOVE to reach that goal, I'm backing down to 1:47. Being in physical therapy  and muscle relaxers for my neck injury for almost a month isn't exactly great training for a race. 

MTA: add goal

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Bump for the Spud Man.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

GOal for LVHM is sub 1:45

Good luck, Pam!

Not at it at all. 

Good luck, Pam!

THAT was before my neck gave out Tim. Sadly I'm backing down. But I'll take the good luck anyways if you don't mind! Thanks

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

Two races for me.....

5/7 NJ Trail Spring Series, Race 3, Half Marathon, Morristown, NJ

I ran 2:27 back in February on the same course.  At that time it was a sheet of ice.  The ice is gone and I'm in better shape now so let's try to knock 10 minutes off.  Goal = 2:17

5/28 Run for Derek 5K, Easton, PA

Not sure what to put as a goal here since I haven't been racing much.  I'd like to get back under 20 this fall, but I am not in shape to do that now.  Let's go with 21:30.

Thanks for doing this.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

THAT was before my neck gave out Tim. Sadly I'm backing down. But I'll take the good luck anyways if you don't mind! Thanks

I don't mind at all.  You're welcome.

Not at it at all. 

Long Branch Half Marathon - sub-1:35

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Long Branch Half Marathon - sub-1:35

Hope it's not in the 80's like last year Wink   Oh and are you racing this weekend? BTW Nice to see you back running Smile

Hey Rocken. Well, good question. Thanks for asking. I dunno.  My calf/tibia is like 70-80% better and kinda wondering if it's dumb to race the half on Saturday. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow.  I may just race a local 5k with w/u and c/d miles. Not sure.

Spring flowers bring racing powers.

Result:

rockenmamof5 -- 5/1 -- Leigh Valley HM -- 1:47

MrPHinNJ -- 5/7 -- NJ Spring Trail Series #3 HM -- 2:17

MrPHinNY -- 5/28 -- Run For Derek 5K, Easton PA -- 21:30

NaderAlfie -- ?? -- Long Branch HM -- sub-1:35

5/1

We're heading into XC season here:

5/7 - University XC Relays.  Approx 3.9km on tracks, fields and sand dunes.  Best for this course so far is 18.57 (last year).  Aiming for 17.30.

5/21 - Vosseler Shield.  5k on the tracks on the side of Mount Victoria.  This was part of the World Mountain Running Championships course a few years ago.  Best so far for me - 28.07 (last year).  Now aiming for 26mins.

How ya feeling Nader??? Ready?

Hey Rocken. You're like the best, yo. 

I dunno. I did a workout today. And, I'm not limping around, but (get ready to yawn), my lower leg is still yapping at me (not loudly).  Being injured is tedious and so is recovery.  It seems to be coming along so slowly, but it is on the march. If I so much as see "the whites of their eyes" I'm racing.

If not, on 5/7, there's a 10k that I do every year.

Hey Rocken. You're like the best, yo. 

I dunno. I did a workout today. And, I'm not limping around, but (get ready to yawn), my lower leg is still yapping at me (not loudly).  Being injured is tedious and so is recovery.  It seems to be coming along so slowly, but it is on the march. If I so much as see "the whites of their eyes" I'm racing.

If not, on 5/7, there's a 10k that I do every year.

LOL 

I have this funny feeling that if you show up you will race! Hope to hear the lower leg stops yapping at you period!