10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

How close are you to running 10k/day - not as an average but for real (like the mile a day club)? (Read 1270 times)

Nice, does this update automatically, or do you have to run some manual jobs?

*I* don't have to run a manual job, but there is a pixie somewhere in the Google documents world that wakes up every 4 hours or so and does some magic.   

Running - cheaper than therapy

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nifty magic you have.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I think there is something slightly off with the distance calculator.  It was reporting me missing a day running 10K for a run that was 6.22 miles.  When I changed it to 6.25 miles it now registers.  According to my calculations, 6.22 miles = 10.01 km.

Also,is the formula now adding total km in a day and as long as it equals 10km or more for cumulative running it counts?

I think there is something slightly off with the distance calculator.  It was reporting me missing a day running 10K for a run that was 6.22 miles.  When I changed it to 6.25 miles it now registers.  According to my calculations, 6.22 miles = 10.01 km.

Also,is the formula now adding total km in a day and as long as it equals 10km or more for cumulative running it counts?

Apologies for a slow response, but I've had a few problems with my running and haven't got back up to 10km a day yet, so I don't often remind myself of this sad fact by taking a look at the 10k a day group - but now I have....

The formula is supposed to be counting the total run distance on a calendar day - so 5km in the morning and 5km in the evening should count as a 10km day. If it is not then let me know the offending day and I'll take a look, see if I can find out why and fix it.

Your maths is correct - a 6.22km run is over 10km, but although you are right  the tracking spreadsheet will not count it as a 10km day. The problem is that it reads the run distance from your workouts page on running ahead. This only shows the run distance to 1 decimal point so 6.22mi (10.01km) becomes 6.2mi (9.98km). Sorry but it is not easily fixable, but I'll see if I can figure out a way.

At the moment I suggest you pick from one of these options after a 6.22mi run:

1. turn around, head back out the door and run another 18 yards, turn around again and run those same 18 yards back to your door. Those extra 36 yards will fix the software bugSmile, or
          2. Just lie. Key it in as 6.25km

MTA:

I've made a quick hack to "fix" this. The formula now checks for more than 9.97km on a day rather than 10km - so you don't need to run those extra 36 yards. It is also a bonus for any slackers that only run 6.20miles (9.978km) on a day because that will now count as a 10km day too. They will be given free credit of the extra 24 yards they should have run to get them to 10km. Perhaps we should rename the group the 6.2 miles a day group ? ...- but it just doesn't have the same impact as 10km a day.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Cool.  Thanks for the clarification and the hack Smile!