10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Maroondah Dam 30/50 km run - photos (Read 389 times)

Some of our group ran in the Maroondah Dam 30/50 km run on Sunday 20 February, 2011.   Anyway, I was there with my camera and took some photographs which can be found here.    Course map can be found here.

Hurdling practice for the 50 km runners, about 300 metres into the run.

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Lovely photo. But would be funnier if they put it 300m from the end, so photos would show them slumping and crawling over it...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Not sure I'd attempt that jump with a whole 50K ahead of me.

Not sure I'd attempt that jump with a whole 50K ahead of me.

That's what I was thinking when taking the photo.   I was expecting a tumble or two but that never happened which is good for the runners but not so for dramatic photos.

Steve

maryclaire

the photo of me clambering over that log shows me at my least graceful.

They are excellent photos - my favourite is the one you got of my son running ahead of me at the 1st aid station; he was showing me how fast I "should" have been running.

It was a great day for my first ultra; the memories will last a very long time!

the photo of me clambering over that log shows me at my least graceful.

They are excellent photos - my favourite is the one you got of my son running ahead of me at the 1st aid station; he was showing me how fast I "should" have been running.

It was a great day for my first ultra; the memories will last a very long time!

I remember this, I was speaking to your family between taking shots and here it is:

Steve