10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Today I catch the bunny... then fall behind again (Read 615 times)

jeffdonahue

Today the bunny/dingo is going to pass me.  Life has been busy lately and I havent been getting enough mileage in (obviously).  I hope to catch up and pass him again in the next few weeks, but this week is going to be a low mileage week I think.

Life gets in the way sometimes - but its a good problem to have (consider the alternative). Being busy is probably easier to get over than a debilitating injury.

There's still lots of the year left so there's plenty of time to zip past the bunny again. 

Running - cheaper than therapy

I think I might take a few days off running which will mean the bunny will pass me too. I'm only doing about the same as the pace bunny and my legs feel heavy, so perhaps a few days rest is in order. 

Through injury, then illness, I missed about 10 or 11 days straight.   I'm fortunate I'm still ahead of the bunny, just, but I'm way back in the pack now.

Steve
          My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

The frustrating thing is that I'm only doing 10 or so easyish km a day and my legs just don't feel great - there's nothing specifically wrong with them, just lack of spring. In December I did over 500km (mostly easy) running and felt great. Let's hope a few days rest will fix things...

Maybe you need to change up your schedule a little, add some intervals or tempo, vary your running route, or just change your mileage, so instead of running 10K every day, run 10K, 8K, 12K, etc.  Sometimes adding speed training makes your legs feel better not worse.

Maybe you need to change up your schedule a little, add some intervals or tempo, vary your running route, or just change your mileage, so instead of running 10K every day, run 10K, 8K, 12K, etc.  Sometimes adding speed training makes your legs feel better not worse.

Maybe... I was doing that in the period, Jan-> April. I ran a marathon mid-april and think that maybe I didn't allow enough recovery time after that. Anyway I didn't run yesterday (an hour cycling instead) and I'll just swim and do some weights today. Tomorrow morning I might do my local 5k race... and see how that feels.

jeffdonahue

Feeling like crap lately - not sure if it's the heat or what but everything just feels off so I took a few days off.  Todays run felt a little better (not great, but better) but now I am about 4 days behind the bunny.  Oh well. 

I think I need to just take some time and run when I feel like it adn as far as I feel like, so I can start really enjoying the runs more anyway.  We;ll see where that gets me in mileage for the year, but I think I might be done chasing this particular bunny.

xhristopher

Looks like I fell behind last week. I'm probably not going to see the dingo again this year. It was good while it lasted.

Despite marathon training until the Gold Coast Marathon on 3rd July I have lost ground on the bunny.

Marathon PB of 2:47 though.

#artbydmcbride

Despite marathon training until the Gold Coast Marathon on 3rd July I have lost ground on the bunny.

Nice!  Smile

Runners run

Hey, I'd take that time any day over running 10 k's a day.   

Steve
                          My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

jeffdonahue

Hey, I'd take that time any day over running 10 k's a day.   

+1000

tony123

The pace bunny is climbing up the list, its nearly in the top 10

jeffdonahue

The pace bunny is climbing up the list, its nearly in the top 10

Hoping to pass him by the end of the week - I'll kick him in the face as I pass and try to slow him down a bit.  Maybe I can knock him off the ladder.