10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Today I catch the bunny... then fall behind again (Read 615 times)

jeffdonahue

I'm within 4 miles right now of passing him, but essentially have two rest days tomorrow and Saturday, with a long run on Sunday - just not sure Sunday is going to be long enough to pass him this week.  Ugh - so close and yet so far away.

MTA:  Nope, still right behind the damn bunny - been doing some longer runs (13+ miles) but my other days have been pretty much rest days lately so I'm still staying on the 6ish miles per day average but just barely. 

#artbydmcbride

I surged up past the wabbit on the weekend...I should be able to stay ahead the rest of the way. (knocking on wood)

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Passed him this morning - but only just barely.  I am 2 miles ahead of him right now and totally unsure of what my mileage will be this weekend.  Hopefully I can hold this small lead at least.

I knew it was going to be close so as soon as I loaded my run from this morning, I jumped over so I could at least see myself ahead of him for once.

xhristopher

Passed him this morning - but only just barely.  I am 2 miles ahead of him right now and totally unsure of what my mileage will be this weekend.  Hopefully I can hold this small lead at least.

I knew it was going to be close so as soon as I loaded my run from this morning, I jumped over so I could at least see myself ahead of him for once.

You can now change the title of the thread, at least until sometime later this afternoon.

jeffdonahue

Damn - low mileage weekend and my calf is still giving me trouble.  I'm going to have to take it easy for a few days to see if I can't heal it up a bit before getting in some longer miles.  At least going to rest today and tomorrow and see how it is feeling Wednesday, but more than likely I wont get a long run in until Friday.  Damn, just when I was almost there.  It's so much easier to fall behind than it is to catch up.

jeffdonahue

Okay, I think I'm making an executive decision here - going to have to fall behind again for a while and not sure I'll catch up.  My calf is still bothering me.  I can run with no pain at all but it still feels wonky and any time I try to do any kind of pick up or speed (ie - just trying to pick up the pace to keep up with my daughter at the end of a 5K on Sunday) it hurts pretty bad. 

Plus my wife is away next week which will make it really hard to get longer runs in.  So I am going to ease up for the next 2 weeks adn try to get this thing healed up.  In the long run I think it is the right thing to do - even though my competitive side has loved the longer runs I've been doing over the past month or so.

So here I am watching the bunny fade into the distance.  I should still have 3 months left to catch him again, but whether I can do that will depend on just how far behind I get (it could be a lot if I take the full two weeks off).

I'm out.   I copped an illness which held me up for a 4 week period and now I'm slowly getting back into it.    I'm back into running and with only 2400 km to date there is no way I can make up 1265 km in 2.5 months.

Steve
                My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

It's clear to me that there's no way I'm going to catch the bunny this year... various injuries have got in the way of running too much this year. Hopefully next year Smile

#artbydmcbride

I am still hopeful of catching that wabbit!     I also see a member called BestFootForward....I wonder if he is a relative....cousin?   Smile

Runners run