10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

It's quiet... (Read 509 times)

... in here.

I notice we have someone who's crossed the finish line already!

For myself I've rather fallen behind... post marathon easing up, but then my legs didn't feel terribly good so I rested a bit more. Now I'm getting back into doing 10 easy km a day, although my legs don't feel fantastic - but at least better than they were. I've signed up for another marathon in October so hopefully I can start picking up the mileage soonish and catch up with the dingo again.

It's been really quiet.   Personally, my running's going great guns, nothing stupid, just clicking the k's over.   My main goal has changed slightly but it will still entail running quite a few k's over the year.

Even though I've been quiet here, I do keep checking in, really like the spreadsheet IanSyd has created.

Steve
      My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Pammie

I'm out. Haven't been here much recently bit of a rough year running wise.

Maybe next year

Yes, very quiet.

I see the pace bunny is making a mid-race push and is now about half way up the page. Something must be done!

I've had too many races (10k - 1/2 marathon) in the last 6 weeks. Although I have fallen behind the pace bunny as a result, I'm happy to report PBs for both 10k and 1/2 marathon.

Yes, very quiet.

I see the pace bunny is making a mid-race push and is now about half way up the page. Something must be done!

I've had too many races (10k - 1/2 marathon) in the last 6 weeks. Although I have fallen behind the pace bunny as a result, I'm happy to report PBs for both 10k and 1/2 marathon.

Congratulations. PBs are more important than total miles!

#artbydmcbride

I'm quiet cause I'm trying to nique up on that wascally wabbit!

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Pace bunny and I have just been playing tag.  I pass him, he passes me, and repeat...  I think I'm a few miles ahead of him right now (at least I was yesterday, but today I cut my run short due to 100 degree weather with too much humidity and I tried to run at lunch).  tomorrow I'll make it up.

Had a strange dream that there was a runner called Another 1 who joined this group at 2000km, blitzed through to 3650km and then disappeared. Ha ha. What was that all about?

The King of Beasts

Had a strange dream that there was a runner called Another 1 who joined this group at 2000km, blitzed through to 3650km and then disappeared. Ha ha. What was that all about?

not sure, but from what I hear he is an odd guy. too much running they say.

I joined to see what was going on in here, learn something, and because I try and run about a 6+ every day. the obsession does help meet the goal of running faster times and or better races.

sometimes it gets a little chicken and egg- running for races, or running for running, or racing for running.

there is an ebb and flow to (training inspiration comes and goes), so you just have to stick with it, have a little faith, a good crew of runners, and some time, and coffee. probably mainly coffee.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the dual PBs!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks A1, that clears that up!

How does your body deal with running so many miles 7 days a week? Apart from the assistance that coffee provides, that is.

I find that 5 good sessions a week  (sometimes 6)  with 2 days rest works best for me.

Thanks A1, that clears that up!

How does your body deal with running so many miles 7 days a week? Apart from the assistance that coffee provides, that is.

I find that 5 good sessions a week  (sometimes 6)  with 2 days rest works best for me.

Everyone is different, so partly it's a question of finding what works for you.

But for getting total mileage up you might find it helps to do 2 runs some days. Most high mileage runners do doubles pretty often. All else being equal it's easier to do (for example) 10km + 10km  with some time and food in between them, than it is to do 20km in one go.

More complicated is actually what's best for improving your running...

#artbydmcbride

Everyone is different....but some (Another One) are different than most!    Big grin

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I didn't do 10K yesterday; but I did 10K on Sunday, and when I was running it on Sunday (and it felt pretty good), I thought to myself, I should go post here and say that 10K was dedicated to Steven Taylor.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I didn't do 10K yesterday; but I did 10K on Sunday, and when I was running it on Sunday (and it felt pretty good), I thought to myself, I should go post here and say that 10K was dedicated to Steven Taylor.

Thanks AP.   

I'm out of this race but still putting in plenty of runs.   About now I'm at 2915 km or thereabouts, will probably end up with around 3300 km for the year, just falling short of the target.   

Steve
                                My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography