10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

January goal (2011) (Read 629 times)

Thinking about running 3650 km for the year, to some it might seem a tad daunting.   Lets forget that and just concentrate on running at least 310 km for January, now that's not too difficult; is it?

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Pammie

about 192 miles then piece of cake

#artbydmcbride

<gulp>  Oh okay!

Runners run

CountryMuzz

Day 6 - and my hip still giving trouble. Yet to run this year - great way to start an ambitious goal like this. Good to see everyone racking up some miles though - hopefully I will start catching up in a few days.

I haven't run yet this year as I've got a nasty cough and cold, but I shouldn't have any problems making up for lost time once I get into it.

I haven't run yet this year as I've got a nasty cough and cold, but I shouldn't have any problems making up for lost time once I get into it.

That's the spirit.   I'm dreading my first injury/illness bout for the year, hopefully I'll have some k's banked and can afford to have forced rest days.

Steve

Actually I'm mistaken ... I haven't run this *week*, but I did run on the 1st and 2nd of Jan.

Actually I'm mistaken ... I haven't run this *week*, but I did run on the 1st and 2nd of Jan.

So there's 20 odd k's you thought you didn't have; how nice is that?

Steve

I was out running today and as you do was thinking as well.   It's one thing to set goals and it's another to achieve them.    Another way this could be approached is we know it's 70 km per week.   What if those 70 km can be more or less knocked off by Friday, thus whatever is run on the weekend is pure bonus, km in the bank.   Lets face it, there's times on the weekend when other things get in the way.

Just some food for thought.

Steve

I was out running today and as you do was thinking as well.   It's one thing to set goals and it's another to achieve them.    Another way this could be approached is we know it's 70 km per week.   What if those 70 km can be more or less knocked off by Friday, thus whatever is run on the weekend is pure bonus, km in the bank.   Lets face it, there's times on the weekend when other things get in the way.

Just some food for thought.

I figure that as long as you stay ahead of the pace bunny you're OK.

I've still not run this week... still full of cold, but feeling better than I did. I might risk the local parkrun tomorrow morning and a decent length run on Sunday if that feels OK.

I figure that as long as you stay ahead of the pace bunny you're OK.

I'm not looking to fall behind and have to hammer at year's end, but ... I'm training for shorter distances this spring, then commencing my marathon training cycle for an October event.  Not sure how many others have a year like this planned, but it permits some "falling behind" early on without undue concern.

That said, 43mi/wk is around where I want to be these days, too, so I'm still mindful of the Bunny.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

What a great incentive to keep putting the kms in. So far so good with my 10km/day average, but it is only early days.Big grin

Day 24 and now I've got 310 km in the bank, that's January done and dusted.   8 days left for the month so now whatever I run is just pure bonus k's and added to the bank.

Steve