10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

How close are you to running 10k/day - not as an average but for real (like the mile a day club)? (Read 1270 times)

Incidentally - the ytd distance is slightly out compared with the main ytd thing for this group. I know you said that it only refreshes once a day, but I've been at 1004 for a couple of days now, but at the time of writing this table is showing 999.

It's no big deal, but I wondered if there was a reason for the discrepancy.

BTW is the google spreadsheet world readable? Could you let us have the link? I'm just curious so see how it gathers the data.

xhristopher

Has anyone else noticed how hardcore AP is? His average distance per day is actually higher than his average distance per run day.

Incidentally - the ytd distance is slightly out compared with the main ytd thing for this group. I know you said that it only refreshes once a day, but I've been at 1004 for a couple of days now, but at the time of writing this table is showing 999.

It's no big deal, but I wondered if there was a reason for the discrepancy.

BTW is the google spreadsheet world readable? Could you let us have the link? I'm just curious so see how it gathers the data.

Fixed: You were the one person in the group who had a run with no entered distance on the same day as a run when you did log a distance (on March 28th). The script couldn't handle it - dropping the other 5.9km on that day.

Here's a link to the sheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkJ99_WhRXY2dHZMS2JWTDdPX3ZGTklMRWJSZDA0VGc&hl=en_GB&authkey=CLjXkvIL

Running - cheaper than therapy

Has anyone else noticed how hardcore AP is? His average distance per day is actually higher than his average distance per run day.

....Not anymore.

I've put in a temporary fix to bring him back into the realm of a normal person... and also noticed that all the "average distance per day" info is slightly out. I'll need to dig into it a bit more to fix it properly.

xhristopher

....Not anymore.

I've put in a temporary fix to bring him back into the realm of a normal person... and also noticed that all the "average distance per day" info is slightly out. I'll need to dig into it a bit more to fix it properly.

Not so fast. AP isn't normal yet. He's a time traveler since he runs 7.1 days a week. 

Not so fast. AP isn't normal yet. He's a time traveler since he runs 7.1 days a week. 

Thanks. Got that one now too. Just as well someone is checking.

I guess its wrong to accuse AP of normality anyway - running an average of 17.6km 7 days a week isn't normal. 

xhristopher

Thanks. Got that one now too. Just as well someone is checking.

I guess its wrong to accuse AP of normality anyway - running an average of 17.6km 7 days a week isn't normal. 

Smile

I've found and fixed a few bugs in my calculations so now I'm more confident that the data table is actually correct.

A few of the outcomes:

• AP is even more of a superman - an average of 18.1km per run - 7 days a week.

• aDrain is at both ends of the spectrum - an average of 39.4km per run (!) 0.8 days per week. But I don't think its real - just a data anomaly created by having one entry a week with the total distance for the week.
                  • Stephen Taylor is the only person in the group who has run every run this year at 10km or more. As group creator he is walking the talk.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I want to go back to running 7.1 days per week, to have that extra 0.1 day of running.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Actually, the chart says I average 4days per week of 10K+.  I find that difficult to believe. Is that only including individual run segments -- so when I record the run as several segments, it only counts if one individual segment is 10K+? Cause then I'd believe it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I now see that the avg days of running / weeks says that I average 4 days per week. So never mind - it's all way off, not just a little off.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It also says I've run 10km less than half the days this year. So that's another graph that is wrong, I guess?

I wonder if they're just all messed up beyond hope?

It also says I've run 10km less than half the days this year. So that's another graph that is wrong, I guess?

Well perhaps not beyond all hope, but hope will need time. I created the beast, and it looks like I did not do all my sums properly. 

I've got a new job, which is taking up lots of my time, and an injury which is stopping me from running much, so I've lost a bit of motivation in spending time sorting this out. I undoubtably will get back to it, but its not possible just now. 

It there's anyone else that knows even a little bit about google script coding then let me know and I'll forward you the links to take over the calculation sheet and sort out the mess. 

Hope reigns supreme, and sometimes Hope even gets results.

Encouragement from Amores Perros to help out got me motivated to sort it out. I found a bug and fixed it so hopefully the maths is all correct now. Post here if you think something's still wrong.

MTA: Link to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkJ99_WhRXY2dHZMS2JWTDdPX3ZGTklMRWJSZDA0VGc&authkey=CLjXkvIL&hl=en_GB&authkey=CLjXkvIL

Nice, does this update automatically, or do you have to run some manual jobs?