10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Can you run 10 km per day? (Read 1261 times)

So here is my goal, to average 10 km per day for 2011.   My normal runs are 12 km, very rarely do I run less than 12.   Usually on Wednesday's will do a slightly longer run and on weekends longer runs still.   This way I can build up km's and have enough in the bank to have rest days.

Apparently to activate the pace bunny we need about 25 members, so if you're half interested why not sign up and have a go.

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Done Smile

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

No idea if I'll get much past 1,000 miles this year, but happy to help get the numbers of users up for you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'll give it a go Smile

Geoff

Boonarga

I've posted 20kms but they don't show up on the Reports tab in this group?

Edit: never mind. I just had to view Last Week

CountryMuzz

I'm in - bad start to year though - no runs yet this year with sore hip. Just finished 610k in Nov-Dec, so will be giving it a crack.

Well, we're starting to gather momentum, 8 members already in only a few hours since starting this.

Steve

Bernie G

Having looked over my training log I clocked up 3567km in 2009. Let's hope I can improve on that.

Having looked over my training log I clocked up 3567km in 2009. Let's hope I can improve on that.

My stats for 2010 is what prompted me to create this.   I got just over the 3000 mark and I reckon I can do it for this year.

Steve

Worth a try.  I'm more focused on putting in consistent training, but I guess it'd total around this group's goal.  Why not?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

It doesn't hurt to try, right?  Smile

Runners run

I rarely take the day off and unless I'm tapering or thanks to scheduling conflicts I rarely run less than 10km a day. I'm aiming for 3500 miles this year so I hope I can do the 10k a day

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I rarely take the day off and unless I'm tapering or thanks to scheduling conflicts I rarely run less than 10km a day. I'm aiming for 3500 miles this year so I hope I can do the 10k a day

You'll absolutely smash this goal; you'll be running closer to 20 km per day.   I suppose a sub-goal would be to have it knocked off by June, July or August.

Steve

It doesn't hurt to try, right?  Smile

Of course not, it's all in the mind.

On a serious note though, listen to your body.

Steve

Hey Steve - I've been using Running Ahead for a year now so I've joined your group

Em