10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Sub groups or teams (Read 519 times)

I created a post over in the Suggestions forum and I'll re-post here for ease of reading,

Okay, here's an idea, not sure if it's been mentioned before but I did scour the first few pages of this forum  all to no avail.

How about the ability to add members of a group to a sub-group or team.   Either the member joining the group checks a team or sub-group they would like to belong to and/or admin puts them into a sub-group/team.   The particular sub-groups/teams would be set up by the group owner, probably in consultation with the group via the forum.

Such sub-groups/teams could be based on anything such as country, local clubs, colours (red, blue, greeen) etc. however it fits in with the flavour of the group.

The value of this is that mini leagues could be generated. 

At the YTD Distance (Pace Bunny) screen, an option to view by 'teams' there by seeing stats summed by team.

At the Reports section, an option to view reports by team.

Since I'm trying to organise ourselves into international teams I thought this would be a good feature addition. Yes/No or your dreaming.

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

L Train

It's a cool idea - I have no idea whether you are dreaming or not. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

If it isn't possible on here... you could always do something smart on Google docs which everyone could access...

L Train

If it isn't possible on here... you could always do something smart on Google docs which everyone could access...

Yes, like the 50/50. 

My dreaming is none of your business thankyouverymuch.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Yes, like the 50/50. 

I had just forgotten about that.  A week of vodka for breakfast.  I'm not feeling so good.

I miss Thunder.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

I miss Thunder.

Maybe you should go limp around downtown.

jeffdonahue

A while back, on the 1500 mile group there was a member who had created a website that automatically accessed the mielage groups and created a spreadsheet that showed each member and how many miles ahead/behind the bunny he was.

I wish I could remember the link , but its not there any more.  But maybe someone could create somethign liek that.

Otherwise, go with a google spreadsheet, because then you can actually create a graph that can be linked and put up on the main page of this group, like I have on my streaking group:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/

Kalsarikännit

Nice try, buddy, but you can't do asshole like Thunder can do asshole.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

Nice try, buddy, but you can't do asshole like Thunder can do asshole.

Yeah but Thunder's really a nice guy IRL. And I'm a nice guy on here.  So who's really the bigger asshole? 

And you'd better go start "running" or you will have some serious catching up to do.

Thunder went limp?  I guess they don't make a compression sleeve for that.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I had just forgotten about that.  A week of vodka for breakfast.  I'm not feeling so good.

I miss Thunder.

Last I heard Thunder was retired from running and taking up mountain biking.

Runners run

L Train

What the hell is a cuboid?  Is that even real?

#artbydmcbride

We could do it like a VRAA and have prizes for the winning team!

Smile

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How big is a VRAA? And don't  answer in cuboids.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.