10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

Another week over (28 Feb - 6 Mar, 2011) (Read 441 times)

These weeks seem to be ticking over far too fast or is that I'm getting older?   No need to answer that.   Here's the stats for this week (28 Feb to 6 Mar, 2011).   Check them out, a really big effort by pr100.

No complaints from me, ended up with 100 km which included one rest day.   A bit weird really, the rest day was on Monday and so I felt like I was in catch-up mode.   By the Thursday I'd caught up and the runs on the weekend put me well and truly ahead of schedule.

So, how is everyone else travelling?

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Yeah - a lot of running this week - Paris marathon 5 weeks away, so now is when I need to put in the miles. Probably a bit less this coming week - I'm doing the Norwich HM on Sunday, so I'll probably take it easy on Saturday so that I feel a bit fresh for that.

pfriese

Caught up to the dingo with this mornings run, now just to stay ahead of it.

Back in the saddle with a solid week after last week's pain. Marathon is less than a month away (4/2) and I got a huge confidence booster from today's 23 miles, 15 at MP. Continuing to kill that dingo, at least for now.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

jeffdonahue

Low mileage week last week as I tapered down for my 10 miler yesterday, but it was worth it as I crushed my previous 10 miler PR by 4 minutes, coming in at 1:09:41.

Now my legs hurt.  this is a rest week for me before I start into the next phase of training to get ready for a 5K in June - hoping to get down close to 19:00 for that.  So i lost a few days of my lead on the dingo last week and will lose a few more this week.  I am still 4 days ahead of him, and will pick up the mileage again next week and get some more buffer in there.  But right now my legs need some rest - quads are a bit sore today.

Low mileage week last week as I tapered down for my 10 miler yesterday, but it was worth it as I crushed my previous 10 miler PR by 4 minutes, coming in at 1:09:41.

Now my legs hurt.  this is a rest week for me before I start into the next phase of training to get ready for a 5K in June - hoping to get down close to 19:00 for that.  So i lost a few days of my lead on the dingo last week and will lose a few more this week.  I am still 4 days ahead of him, and will pick up the mileage again next week and get some more buffer in there.  But right now my legs need some rest - quads are a bit sore today.

But isn't that a nice soreness, especially when smashing a PR (here in Oz we refer to it as a PB). 

Steve
              My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

jpdeaux

A somewhat lower mileage week, but I feel as though I need an even lower week again. I'm preparing for a big push over 10 days before Boston taper starts. I'm definitely not recovering completely from all of the previous day's soreness, but somehow need to accomplish that before I tip into injury. I have a 5K tomorrow (treadmill!), but mostly aiming at the New Bedford Half a week from Sunday. I want to somehow feel good for that day to make a big withdrawal from the fitness bank.

jeffdonahue

But isn't that a nice soreness, especially when smashing a PR (here in Oz we refer to it as a PB). 

It is a great soreness (and mostly better today) and I wouldnt have it any other way.  I have no problems taking an easy week after a great race.  Had I choked and had a crappy race i would probably be out there trying to cram in a ton of miles to make up for it.

xhristopher

Solid race, Jeff. I'm guessing you were passing people right and left with that negative split. Keep it rolling for the 5K PR.

Shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty week for me.

Oh yeah, did I tell you I had a shitty week? If not, it was shitty.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

jeffdonahue

Shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty week for me.

Oh yeah, did I tell you I had a shitty week? If not, it was shitty.

Sorry, look at the bright side - you're still ahead of me in miles for 2011.  Wink

Sorry, look at the bright side - you're still ahead of me in miles for 2011.  Wink

Yes, there is always that.Big grin

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life