50 States

How many states have you completed? (Read 728 times)

I have 16 with one scheduled in Bar Harbour ME in 2011. What about you?

My list of completed marathons includes:

. Mardi Gras in New Orleans

. Marine Corps

. Coeur d'Alene

. Tuscon, AZ

. Chicago

. Mobile AL

. Las Vegas

. Clinton MS

. Austin TX

. Casper WY

. Bismarck ND

. Wynne AR

. Memphis TN

. Deadwood SD

. NYC, NY

. Chicamauga GA

Smile

I have 9 done, and Ohio and California scheduled for this year, so far. 

Michelle

Home Away From Home

I have 16 with one scheduled in Bar Harbour ME in 2011. What about you?

I am a Mainer and Bar Harbour is a beautiful and wonderful area you will enjoy it.

I have done 3, Hyannis Mass (2009), Chicago (2009), and one not in the 50, Quebec (2010).  

MTA: #4- Sugarloaf, ME (2012)

MTA: #5-Manchester, NH

#6-Philadelphia, PA (2012)

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Marine Corps is a great experience. Nice tour of the monuments and a thrilling finish. Definitely a MUST run!

DoppleBock

There are RA people done - I hope they pop in the add value

I am not actively seeking 50 states - But sooner or later I will

Currently (9) if you count 100+ miles in 24 hours

AZ (1) Lost Dutchman

CA (1) Surf City

WI (13) Green Bay / Milwaukee / Rails to Trails / Ice Breaker / Fox Cities / Whistle Stop / Paavo Nurmi / Journeys

MN (3) Grandmas / Twin Cities

MA (1) Boston

NV (1) Las Vegas

TX (1) Houston

TN (2)  Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey

OH (1) Northcoast 24 - 100+ miles

I guess that is 23 marathons - 4 - 50 milers (WI - Glacial / Ice Age / Fall 50) and 4 - 24 hour races (FANS(MN) / Northcoast(OH) / Brive-France) with > 100 miles each time.

**  If you have questions about any of the above races - let me know)

2011 Races 

Ice Breaker Marathon(WI) - Jan - 3:05

Lost Dutchman(AZ) - Feb - 3:06

Ice Age 50 mile (WI) - May - 7:47

Grandmas(MN) - Jun

Leadville 100 (CO) - Aug

NorthCoast 24 (OH) - Sep

Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey (TN) - Nov

Maybe another 24 or 48 hour in Dec

What I am interested in are the ideas for some good - easy doubles ...

At this point - I do not care about 50 states but would like to experience a lot of different races and being from WI - We have a ton of marathons - 26 of them - but it is fun to go places completely different.

I have done 0 research into 50 state club - But I would assume ultras can count ?  I will probably try and work in a fly to double in 2012 and a 100 miler in 2012 (East coast)

I have no desire to run big marathons - I ran Lost Dutchman in AZ last month - That was a nice size 100-2000 runners is plenty.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Mike E

MM #5615

I have done 36 marathons in 22 different states.  I'm planning on doing the Hogeye Marathon in Arkansas, in April. 

Dopple Bock--yes ultra marathons count towards the 50 states.

Doubles--I probably shouldn't tell anybody because they limit it to 100 runners--but the Bear Lake Idaho Marathon is June 10th and the Bear Lake Marathon (in Utah) is on June 11th.  Both at the same place and created just for 50 staters to do two states in the same weekend.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it.

As far as I know, there are two official clubs--50&DC Marathon Group USA--and 50 States Marathon Club.  Take your pick as to which one is better.

I've always thought it would be cool to organize a large group of 50 staters to take turns hosting each other in our states.  So, for example, if one of you wanted to do the Twin Cities Marathon, I would pick you up from the airport--house and feed you for the day or two you're here--and take you to and from the race.  Then you do the same for me when I'm in your area.  Of course, everybody would be different in the amount they are willing (or feel safe) to do, but even a free bed would be nice--or a ride from the hotel to the race--whatever you're willing to do just to make it a little easier--and less expensive--for us all.

I just completed my 10th state.  Managed an 11 minute PR and a BQ.  I'm very happy!! Next up, San Fran in July.

Michelle

Mike E

MM #5615

I just completed my 10th state.  Managed an 11 minute PR and a BQ.  I'm very happy!! Next up, San Fran in July.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!

Thank you! 

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

29 states. I'm doing the Bear Lake double too, even though I already have Utah.

Never mind. DNS.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DoppleBock

One of problems is anytime I am looking to travel to a race (Marathon or Ultra) I usually gravitate to the same states.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Mike E

MM #5615

29 states. I'm doing the Bear Lake double too, even though I already have Utah.

Never mind. DNS.

Hey that's too bad.  I hope you're okay.  I actually did do it and had a great time.  You'll have to get it next year!

I marked off California with the San Fran Marathon.  It was hilly.   I lived.    Big grin

Next up...West Virginia - 50 miler.

Michelle

Mike E

MM #5615

Way to go, Mississippi!  You're awesome!

MPB1976

3 so far, took a break for awhile and just started training again.

Next one is scheduled for October in Niagara Falls.

can't wait to get back on track...