50 States

How many states have you completed? (Read 728 times)

Mount Desert Island in October 2011 with three planned for 2012:

#18 April: St. Louis, MO

#19 June: Bridal Veil, UT

#20 Nov: Space Coast Runners (Cocoa, FL)

Home Away From Home

Mount Desert Island in October 2011 with three planned for 2012:

How was MDI? I am a Mainer and have looked at that one but have not done it yet.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Imminent Catastrophe

How was MDI? I am a Mainer and have looked at that one but have not done it yet.

Do it. Beautiful.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I completed MDI with Nawlins Native, and it was spectacular! It was hilly compared to my training grounds in Florida, but the views made up for it. The hill that starts at mile 20 and ends about 25 did me in, so just be prepared for that. All in all, a beautiful race. Put it on your short list.

Home Away From Home

I completed MDI with Nawlins Native, and it was spectacular! It was hilly compared to my training grounds in Florida, but the views made up for it. The hill that starts at mile 20 and ends about 25 did me in, so just be prepared for that. All in all, a beautiful race. Put it on your short list.

Thanks for the info runlarryrun

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

MDI was incredible. great course although I think they should run it in reverse. you run from Bar Harbor to Southwest Harbor and get bussed back. lots of ups n downs but nothing too steep. was tough for a guy training in the flatlands of New Orleans.

Plans for St. Louis 4/15, Bridal Veil  (Provo) 6/09 and SCR Cocoa, FL 11/25 all  in 2012.

Kalsarikännit

I knocked off number 34 at FANS in Minnesota. I still have Nebraska and Arizona in the plans for this year.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Imminent Catastrophe

Javelina?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

Desert Solstice in Ariz. It is put on by the same guys that do Javalina. Then in Nebraska I will do Bohemian Alps 50k. I had NO desire to do a marathon in Omaha or Lincoln. Bohemian Alps looks like it is as pretty as you will find in Nebraska.

11 states for me:

Arizona (Javelina 100)

California (Big Sur, Nike Women's)

Florida (Disney)

Maine (Great Cranberry Island 50K)

Massachusetts (Boston)

Montana (Missoula)

Nevada (ET Midnight 51K)

Oregon (Gorge Waterfalls 50K, Portland Marathon, Silver Falls Trail Marathon)

Rhode Island (Gansett)

Tennessee (Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey)

Washington (too many to mention!)

I'll be adding Texas come February (Rocky Raccoon 100).

Arie2.0

Meat is Murder

6 states so far.

VA (Richmond)

NC (American Tobacco Trail)

NY (wineglass)

PA (Pittsburgh)

WV (Marshal University)

MD (Potomac river run)

Probably NJ is my next one.

Putin told me how to vote.

Kalsarikännit

Knocked off Arizona today! The guys at Aravaipa Running really put on great races. I urge everyone to check them out.

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, WrigleyGirl!

I guess I haven't been keeping up on this forum very well.  Just to up date...I'm up to 27 states, now, and planning on doing the Kentucky Derby Marathon on April 27th.

Knocked off Arizona today! The guys at Aravaipa Running really put on great races. I urge everyone to check them out.

They do such an excellent job, don't they?  (I ran the Javelina Jundred in 2011).  I also hope to do the 48-hour Across the Years some time.  Congratulations on your race!