50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts Week Ending 9/01/13 (Read 8 times)

rmcj001

82F (warm) and 8 miles in 1:10:27 or so.  Forgot to mention, caught and released 15" gopher snake in middle of path - set him to the side to keep him out of harms way...

Ray

NH Runner

6 mile mtn bike ride on the railtrail.  Riding doesn't effect my achilles so I'm using it as a way to cross train.   2.5 miles into today's ride I almost hit a porcupine who decided at the last minute to turn into me just as I was trying to go around him.  Shocked

rmcj001

Rich - Isn't that what porcupines do?  I remember driving in the mountains shortly after HS graduation and seeing porcupine in middle of the road.  He just turned around and we swerved to avoid him...they're not too bright...

Ray

rmcj001

5+ miles this morning with co-worker 48+ minutes, 66F and 78% humidity.  Think I prefer a "dry-heat"...

Ray

adkkev

3.75 miles around town this evening, pretty humid too.  First run since Saturday's 50k.  Legs felt fine, no soreness, etc.  Just took my time & ultra-jogged it.  No snakes to be seen on this run.  Big grin

NH Runner

I tried a "tentative" run yesterday but shut it down after a couple hundred yards.   My achilles was pain free when I started out, but still doesn't like running.

Anyway, I rode another 6 miler on the mtn bike just to keep moving.  No critters to avoid today...lol

Ray, I remember something about porcupines being the only animal a human can catch, so at one time were protected.  I guess the line of thinking was if you got lost in the woods and went without food long enough, you'd eat a porcupine... Joking   I wonder if you used the quills for toothepicks...lol

Art in AZ

8 miles this morning. Warm, humid and cloudy.

Ray - Yes to "dry heat".

Rich - I'm glad that I have a bike to ride where I don't feel like running but do want to get out.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

Back from vacation. The 50K was a disappointment. Didn't train enough this summer, due to obligations elsewhere.

7 miles yesterday, rest day today.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Chantilly - I hate that, you work so hard for a race and then something happens...or doesn't.  I hope the rest of the vacation went well.

Art - I guess I sweated enough on Wed that I couldn't get the Garmin to stop for almost a minute.  You could see the sweat on the button...

Rich - They're little demons, I'll stay clear even if I'm hungry...

adkkev - I don't see too many snakes, that's why I catch them Smile

8.1 in 81F sunny windy humid - just a grind.

Ray

Art in AZ

Did 3 miles this morning, cloudy and humid.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

8 miles today on the railtrail on my mtn bike.  I'll be just riding for a while yet, my achilles has gone on strike from the looks.    Yeah Art, I feel the same way about the bike.   I'm a runner first, but the bike can be a nice break from running or a legitimate way to cross train when your achilles goes on strike...lol

Chantilly... congratulations on your 50K, no matter what the time.   It's ok to feel bad about a race, but you're limited to how long you can kick yourself.  Then you have to look at the calender and find the next race to get ready for.  Sorry, those are the rules, it's written in the Runner's Handbook... Wink

Art in AZ

5 miles this morning. Weather was cloudy, muggy and very humid. Didn't feel bad running but the humidity made it feel like I was working harder.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

I took the road bike out today for the first time this year, just 8 miles, but it was good to ride the pavement instead of the loose dirt the railtrail has to offer...

adkkev

4.25 very muggy miles this morning ... a brief shower in the middle of the run made things a little more comfortable.  If rain & sweat soaked clothes ever really let you feel comfortable!

Chantilly75

rmcj001 a fellow snake humanitarian, I see.  Used to save the garter snakes who got too close to the house by taking them out behind the barn.

NH Runner my next race is next week.  Might be more ready for that one. Hope your achilles feels better.

7 miles. Nice here. 65F and partly cloudy.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica