50 and over 5k and beyond

Hi! (Read 120 times)

justrundan

Mary Kay-have an absolutely great weekend.  Enjoy the race and everything around it.

Debra- see you Saturday

AZ- Good luck in NM. Looking forward to hearing all about it.  Think of Debra and I still running after you finish!

Picking up DW @ 3:45 to head to Sturgeon Bay for the night, then on to Door County.   Sooooo glad the race isn't in this weather!  35 & raining.  Roll eyes   RR later.

Run strong this weekend friends.

Dan

Crazy Diamond

AZ~You are going to run your HM so strong after putting in all the miles on your trails!  I'll be thinking of you and anticipate reading your RR.  As Dan said, think of both of us still sloggin' it out on our hilly course!  RUN STRONG!

18" of snow to the west of us!  Luckily, none to the NE along Lake Michigan.  It's May for Pete's sake!!!

Quo Vadis?

Re: Snow. Yeah, our posters on MLRW from Denver are getting it. SMH.

Thanks Debra and Dan for the great race wishes!!

I had some B Strong patches made. Actually had one made for my hat rather than buy a hat and the price for 5 was only a little more than 1 so got 5. Posted pix and info as a separate topic in case anyone is interested. I am also posting on fb so ...

Great races !! You've earned it and deserve it! STrong runs to the rest of you!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me  

rmcj001

Dan & Debra -  Good luck tomorrow.  Trust you training and you'll do well.  Positive thoughts heading your way!

Az - Same to you!  I'm not sure why, but I worry about you the least when it comes to racesSmile  You seem to do well no matter what.

MaryK -  More of the same to you!  It IS going to be fun!  Seems like you've been training well, now is the time to enjoy the work!

For everyone else racing this weekend, I apologize for missing you, enjoy the race and run well!

Yesterday was just brutal here.  It was supposed to be a 9 mile tempo run at marathon pace, so 8:40 to 8:30, but temps were around 93F. Did my warmup mile in 10:03 and kept thinking "It is SO hot!, how am I going to get through this?"  Hit mile 2 in 8:33 just before I turned around and thought "Dude, you can't keep this up."  Mile 3 was 8:44, "it's ok, you can run slower.  It's hot this is like much faster then you should."  Mile 4 8:49, "Maybe I can give up in another mile, it's HOT!"  At 4.5 after an uphill, stopped sucked down my gel and a couple of big gulps of water to wash it down.  Mile 5 9:07, "that's fine I stopped and walked a bit, 6 more miles to go? !"  Mile 6 8:44, "You're not going to make it you wimp!"  Mile 7 8:40 "how soon can I turn around and head back, thank God there's shade in the next mile!".  Mile 8 9:02, "Thank God for shade!  Stop thinking about going up hill, stop thinking about going up hill.  Can I turn around yet?"

Mile 9 8:45, "You're going downhill this should be easier...Oh, I need a bathroom break.  Just a bit further.  It's downhill, move it! Jeez, I'm tired!".  Took my bathroom break, tried to suck down some water from fountain cuz the water I brought was warm, but fountain water was warm too!  Used paper towels to dry off and started walking back.  Started to jog and hit the watch.  Mile 10 9:10, "you're going slow, pick it up.  Come on, a little faster you can do a sub 10 minute mile.  You can stop at 10, honest!"  Mile 10.3, "That wasn't too bad just make it to the bridge.  You've got more kick it out!  Just one more up hill. Go!"  Final .3 was @8:08 pace.  Went back to the office and spent the afternoon and evening drinking water and eating.  By bed time had close to a gallon of fluids and still woke up thirsty.  Weight is back up close to what it should be.  Can't believe I've got 4 more tempo runs.  Today is off.  10K race tomorrow.  Sure hope the batteries can recharge by then.

Ray

Ray - thanks! Remind me? Are you in San Diego?

Mary Kay

Art in AZ

Planned on an easy day for Friday and ended up working almost 12 hours helping someone set up a server and the new network. And we still didn't finish!

I wanted to wish everyone racing this weekend good fortune and the wind at your back. Looking forward to the reports.

Ray - Believe me I know how you feel. That's why I run in the mornings instead of later in the day during the warm months.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Had a great time at my race and a horrible time pace-wise. I posted the RR on the forum so the pix wouldn't take up a bunch of space.

Strong, happy and safe runs, all!

I will be reading but am taking a break this week.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay

WDWRich

Mary Kay- I'm not finding your race report, but would like to read it.  When you're back in posting mode, would you please provide a link?  Thanks!

Ran 9 miles on Saturday morning.  Pace was 9:45 which is right about my pace for 15k or longer races.  Was a nice morning for running- mostly cloudy, a little breezy with the temp about 57 at the start.  DW came along on her bike so I had someone to chart with.  She's doing a 10k run/walk with DD next Saturday.

Rich

PRs:  9/1/2012 Disneyland 5K 27:08,  01/06/2013 Resolution 15K 1:30:17, 03/10/2013 San Diego HM 2:18:05, 04/19/2014 ACT! Today 10K  51:54

Crazy Diamond

YAY! YAY!! for Mary Kay!  Is your RR on MLRW?  Can't wait to read it!

Rich~It sure is nice to have company on a long run.  Nicely done on the 9 miler!

Ray~Yikes---93F!  Way-to-go toughing it out in the heat.

Back from our wonderful weekend, but out celebrating 35 wonderful years with my DH tonight!  I'll be back with a RR, it was a great race!

Quo Vadis?

Just a quick message: got sick Thursday night, still ran HM on Saturday, feeling congested now after driving back to northern AZ from NM, about a 5.5 hours drive but took longer as I had to stop and walk around to stay awake, feeling pretty crappy, will post RR later.  Flying back to MN on Friday so may be MIA for a few days!

Thanks for all the support!!

justrundan

AZ- so rough to run when sick.  Great job of hanging in there and placing in your AG!!  Take care of yourself and rest up!

Debra- so funny/odd re: your 35th.  DW & I will celebrate 35 in June.  '78 was a great year.  Big grin

Still trying to figure out Photobucket so I can post pix with RR.  Very aggravating to be so illiterate about those things.  Grrrrrrr.

Have a great recovery week!

Dan

dyykjt1

Congratulations!!!!! DEBRA! DAN! AZ!

Mary Kay!!! You are a MARATHONER!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  YOU DID IT! I also would love to read your RR, but have no idea which forum you posted it on! It would be nice if you told us where it is located since you went to all the trouble to write it! LOL

Everyone is doing so well in here!!! It is obvious that we are not from the same areas of the country! LOL  All of you are racing now and I did all of mine from Nov. through April! Big grin To hot here now to race, but I am in my 2nd week of a training plan for the summer and I am loving it. I will be building on mileage and endurance and hopefully some speed during the summer with running 4 days a week and strength training 2 days a week until the first of August when I will begin a new training plan for my 1st HM on Nov. 10th.

I am also getting back into golf now on the weekends since I am not racing. I am loving having more time to devote to my golf play. I have missed it!

Good running to you all!

Thanks!!!!! Am at work and will be back to read and respond later.

Yes, RR is on the MLRW forum. Here's the link. I hope it works. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MLRW/forum/50ec9bed5caa408ead9837445398530a/resume#focus

Mary Kay

dyykjt1

Well, I still cannot find it. Embarrassed

WDWRich

I was able to join the forum, but cannot locate the RR either.  Sad

Rich

PRs:  9/1/2012 Disneyland 5K 27:08,  01/06/2013 Resolution 15K 1:30:17, 03/10/2013 San Diego HM 2:18:05, 04/19/2014 ACT! Today 10K  51:54