50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts Week Ending 4/28/13 (Read 11 times)

rmcj001

6.22 mile recovery run in ~58 minutes 85F.  Took water on run today.  After this weekend I need more practice consuming water while running.

Ray

NH Runner

Monday

4/22/2013

Went for a 3 mile walk on the railtrail today and will cross train later with the resistance band and core exercises.

Ray, I think I'm going to peak at about 45 miles a week this year.  Last year I went crazy with high mileage and didn't really see any benefit, so am trying more rest days and less mileage this year.   I got off to a slow start dealing with an injury over the winter, but I can see where this might just work...

adkkev... nice run!

adkkev

10 miles on the Rail Trail Monday evening.

adkkev

Tuesday - 6 miles around town.

NH Runner

Tuesday... 6.5 miles with the Tuesday running group I run with occasionally.  There were 8 of us running at an easy pace.

Wednesday... 5.3 miles with 1.3 miles of it @ an average 6:30 pace.  Not all at once, I ran that pace 18 times for 30 second each, then took a 30 second break between.   A 2 mile warm-up and cool-down accounted for the other 4 miles.

Chantilly75

was off for a few days due to a sore throat and cough.

Monday  3 miles and today 10 miles on the track.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Chantilly - Hope your over you cold/cough and feeling better.  Nice runs!

Rich - Those little sprints add up!  Good work.

adkkev - They'll be more people out when the weather gets warmer.  God job on your runs!

Tuesday 4 x 1.5 mile repeat with .5 mile jog inbetween average pace about 7:54 for the 1.5 mile part 10:00 for the 1/2 mile jogs. 1 mile warm up with 8.6 miles in 1:15:33.  Temps about 80F

Today 5.35 miles in just under 50 minutes.  Only 70F today and windy.

Ray

adkkev

6.35 around town earlier this evening ... probably close to 70 degrees under cloudy skies.

rmcj001

adkkev - So, it was warmer , were there more people out?  Good run!

Today was tempo run, 8 miles with 1 warmup and 1 cool down total 10 miles in 1:26:31.  8 tempos average 8:29 mm. 72F today.

Ray

NH Runner

Thursday

4/25/2013

8 miles on the railtrail today at an easy pace.

Nice runs all.  Are you running outside yet Chantilly?  We're warming up, but it's been a cold spring...

Chantilly75

NH Runner I could have ran outside this afternoon, but started doing some yard work, cleaning up old leaves and sweeping out the garage.

rmcj001  you will need some water if it's 85F some days already.

3 miles @ 6AM on the track.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Friday

4/26/2013

8 miles today, 2 mile warm up, 4 @ tempo and 2 mile cool down.  I think my tempo effort was a little too hard, I shouldn't be running these things faster than Ray, a guy who's faster than I am, but I did.   Anyway, tempo splits were 8:25, 8:15, 8:18 and 8:19, hopefully I'll get some benefit from the workout even if I did run it too fast... lol

rmcj001

Rich - Speed of a tempo run depends on target race, doesn't it?   Clearly you were maintaining pace, so sounds like a really good run!  You can run faster then me any time, I really don't mind Smile

Chantilly - Staying hydrated is a problem for me.  Definitely need to work on sucking down water and electrolytes before, during and after runs!

Today was supposed to be a recovery run and it started that way.  I have to travel tomorrow and so it is probably going to be an off day.

So, as I went along I picked up pace a bit.  8 miles in 1:11:23 (10:01, 9:04, 9:01, 9:10, 8:35, 8:58, 8:29, 8:03).   Little warmer then yesterday, 73F.  This was 11th day in a row and am really looking forward to not running tomorrow.  Think I might be a little sore tomorrow...

Ray

Chantilly75

NH Runner  we can always benefit from a too fast workout.. ...once in awhileWink

rmcj001  have a good rest & safe travels!

8 miles on the sidewalk today.  Sunny, 48F, really nice out.

Brooks Pureflow felt better outside than on the track. Might wear them in the marathon. (they were ok on walking breaks, too)

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

5 miles around town before dinner today ... we had company coming for dinner so I didn't have a lot of time to fit a run in!!  But the sun was shining, temp in the low 50s, a bit breezy.