50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts Week Ending 9/08/13 (Read 8 times)

Art in AZ

Strange morning run. Looked out and it was overcast with what looked like rain clouds. Figured I would get a few miles in just in case it does rain. Started run in a light drizzle. Slowly tapered off and then stopped. Then started again and then stopped. Did this the whole run. While running went through some areas where it felt cooler and some where it felt warmer. It was weird feeling the temps change like that.

Since I felt good running and seemed to find a groove to run in those few miles turned into 10. Probably could have done some more but I had some things to do and I was wet from the drizzle. Good run overall.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

Art in AZ nice workout. sounds interesting, weather-wise.

4th marathon of the year done, which turned out to be the fastest one by a minute.

Still well over 4 1/2 hours, need to get some speed work and longer long runs.

But I was happy with the day. Felt pretty good throughout.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

Saturday 6.75 miles in the dark - no stars out but no rain either.

Sunday 5.3 miles in beautiful sunny weather.

rmcj001

First run in over a week.  5.1 miles 44:44.

Ray

NH Runner

Still on the disabled list.   I'm riding the bike every day and walking, but it ain't the same.  Ran 3 miles this past weekend and set myself back, so no more of that for a while...

Marathons can be a lot of fun when they go well, congrats on your 4th, Chantilly

Nice runs Art, adkkev & Ray

Chantilly75

NH Runner  sorry that your achilles isn't improving faster.  Did you try some of the physio-type exercises? Also, light massage therapy might be useful.

rmcj001 hope you continue to run ok.

adkkev your weather seems to be still nice.

3 miles yesterday, 7 miles today.

Ran on the track both days, easier on the feet.

Wore Newton's in the marathon, then NB 1063 yesterday and Kinvara 4's today.  Arthritic feet  still sore, but coming along.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica