50 and over 5k and beyond

January 2017 runs and workouts (Read 18 times)

Chantilly75

11 miles at 7AM with the group

4 miles at 10:30AM with son.

30 minutes walking.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Monday, 1/30... another quick check-in.   Today marks the end of week 3 of me avoiding any attempt at a workout.   Heel's a little sore and a little 'puffy', but with 3 weeks invested in getting back to 100%, what's another week or two before I try a run? lol  I do look in to see who's doing what, but sneak back out before I get caught...

az... I'm over the bug.   It wasn't anything serious, just gave me a case of the blahs for a few days.    Such optimism and good news in your posts lately, really nice to see!   DW's doing good, she's got an appt. with the Cardiologist tomorrow.

Altair5... good to see you posting again, good luck with running a Boston qualifier.   One thing I've found in running marathons is putting in the miles is only half of it, the other equally important half is proper fueling.    I did well at running the miles, but fueling was almost always an issue. Once you get past 20 miles, things can go south in a hurry...lol

Chantilly... I'm feeling great right now.   Itching to get out the door, but continue telling myself, what better time to back off and get back to 100% than now, it's COLD outside!   Love your spirit Chantilly, you're tough as nails.   Nice double yesterday!

Chantilly75

NH Runner Good to hear that the "cold' didn't amount to anything. Hope your heel's rest plan is going well. Hope your wife has a good appointment with the doctor.

3 mile run and 30 min. walk.  32F here and melted yesterday, supposed to snow today and get colder,  so it may be slippery tomorrow.

Sonata Arctica

Predicted SNOW is/has been continuing since early morning, ALOT!! Pretty dry flakes, a winter wonderland.  DH is grumbling about snowblowing ALL DAY again, he's off today.  Not sure if I want to drive to the gym, might be 'safer and smarter' to just work out at home. A rest day yesterday, the sunny day was glorious but it was COLD (in the teens) so all is icy thus no snow-shoeing adventure.  Trying to get stuff together for taxes before I leave this week.  Have to stalk the weather too. Don't want to get caught in a white-out, that seems to happen to me no matter how closely I follow the weather. 

NH:  glad you're feeling better.  The heel is such an irritating saga but hope the rest fosters some healing.

Chantilly:  WTG on keeping up the miles.  Did you get some snow there?  What race are you looking forward to?

Altair:  how's the qualifying runs?

Ray:  what's next?

Dan:  our snowstorm is probably headed your way, sorry! LOL! It's pretty though, ha.

Art:  hope all is well, haven't seen a recent post.  Did you see the 3 ft+ snow on Flag? wow!!

Chantilly75

az2mntrail You seem to have more snow than me. It covered the ground overnight an made driving slippery. I hope you have a safe drive.

1 mile run

5 minutes stationary bike

2 mile run

8 minutes stationary bike

30 minute walk.

Sonata Arctica

justrundan

AZ- we did get a few inches from your storm, but that was all.  Good luck with the weather on your trip south!

Chantilly-  you are so regular with your workouts!  if you're not working, you just get it done.  NIce

Altair5- welcome back and good luck with the FM training.  keep us posted on how it's going.

Rich- good luck with the heel when you start back up again.

DW & I did 5.5 mi Saturday on the river walk in town.  Fun to do it together.  We took our time with run/walking.

Dan