50 and over 5k and beyond

March runs 2017 (Read 11 times)

NH Runner

Saturday, 4/1...the latest storm dumped over a foot of wet heavy snow on us over the past 24 hours.   I managed to clean it off the driveway using the 2 wheeled plow without blowing up my heel, so that's a plus.   I've been doing short easy walks either outside or on the treadmill lately, but 1.5 miles into today's walk, the electric breaker that feeds the treadmill tripped.   The treadmill also smelled a little hot so I quit for the day and will take a look at it tomorrow.   Always something...

Art... enjoy the ride on the new bike path, nice to have a new route to ride, how far is it to Tempe?    Nice run on the canal also!   Not sure about naming the new tryke, I'm not even sure the idea's going to work...lol  I think Howard Hughes named his wooden plane that flopped the 'The Spruce Goose', maybe naming the tryke 'The Metal Mistake' will fit...lol

Ray... marathon training's going good, I like how you back off if you're not feeling it.   I'll be watching on race day, hoping for good weather!

Art in AZ

3 easy miles Friday morning.

Another 8.4 mile canal run Saturday morning. Was cooler and pretty windy out. Wind kept kicking up the dirt and small particles making it hard to keep my eyes open.

Did a 27 mile bike ride this morning to Tempe and back. Went on the new bike path that Mesa just finished. The new section was nice allowing you to avoid a couple of miles of road. This section ties into the Tempe section that goes along the Tempe Town Lake. So it's now possible from my house to get to Tempe using the bike paths for all but about a mile. And Mesa was working on part of that making a new bike path.

Ray - Nice monthly total in prep for Boston. Now comes the hard part with trying to decrease mileage

Rich - It's about a 12 mile ride to Tempe Town Lake from the house. Usually 25 miles round trip. Today I checked out a section by going straight instead of turning. It went about a mile further West until you had to cross the bridge and go back on the other side of the "river". River in name only as it's a big wide dry area for runoff if they need to release water from the lake. I could see Tempe was working on continuing the bike path on the South side further West. It will end up at the border with Phoenix. Not sure how they will extend it from there as there are some major roads and the expressway there.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

Monday, 4/4... out early to walk the railtrail.   Temp hit 60 today, but was still below freezing this morning when I went for a walk.   Footing was rough from the few snowmobilers who went through while the snow was wet, but froze overnight into the mess I negotiated this morning... lol   Not sure what to do with my treadmill, it's an old Precor model and they want you to call them if you have problems, but the nearest dealer's an hour and a half away.   Any suggestions would be appreciated, with me on the treadmill walking easy, the motor overheats, running with no-one on it, it's fine.   Precor says the belt you walk on doesn't need lubricating, but Google searches bring up a lot of people who've fixed their overheating treadmill motors by lubricating the belt.

Art... nice canal run and really nice bike ride.   I'd love a paved bike path, sounds like your new one is really nice.    Who else is allowed to use the path, is it open to ATV'ers and motorized dirt bikes, etc.?   You've got a nice stretch of workouts going, good for you.

Hello everyone!

Another quick check in. Everyone seems to be doing good. Hope you're feeling better Chantilly!  And welcome home to WI, Dan! Hope DW is better.

Was in Phoenix all weekend. Watched the Final Four teams on Saturday night w/ DD/SIL at a Sports Bar.  A band started to play after the games and I left bcuz I was hoping to get up early and get in a run. Didn't drink at all except for water and a cup of coffee, regular which I think really affected my sleep. Didn't sleep at all, kept waking up, and felt too tired for my run. Anyway, was thinking I might stay another night and watch a couple of other games, but after breakfast w/ DD, I decided to drive home to Flagstaff. Was in bed at 8 pm!! Sunday: planned on around 8 miles but ended up running 9.1 miles!! YIPPEE!!  The longest distance for me since injury recovery. Felt good the whole run. Monday was rest day and it was so WINDY. Gusty winds all morning, then rain/hail/wind in the afternoon!! By 5 pm, it was SNOWING AND MORE WIND!! Power was out for 15 min!! Panic!! Because I was on my way to watch the NCAA men's championship game at neighbor's house!!  I was rooting for Gonzaga (western team)   Just Crazy weather!!   Today/Tues: Woke up to blinding sun this morning, snow everywhere but nice temps around 55 degrees this afternoon.  Hope to get in a 5-7 mile run in today, trails shouldn't be too muddy/slushy. I will be in Albq for another conference w/ DH before returning to MN so ........ I registered for http://stepoutdoorscolorado.com/cedro-peak-ultra/  This is east of Albq., other side of the Sandia Mts. I'm running the HM, April 22. Why not?!?  So I'm leaving for Phoenix again tomorrow for the annual dental conference, till Saturday but will return Sunday. Not a great conference but I need my CEs and I can visit w/ DD/GDs. Wonder if I can get my butt out the door for couple of early runs, uh-huh!!

Take care everyone!

Where's everybody?

rmcj001

It's April...We're not living in the past? 

Ray