50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts for October (Read 12 times)

NH Runner

Monday, 10/28

8 mile railtrail bike ride today.

Nice run Ray.   I'm curious, how do you define a cold front on the West Coast?    Do you still get to run in shorts? lol   Owning running shorts around here is like owning a boat, a camper or a motorcycle.   We get to use 'em about 6 months out of the year...lol

adkkev

Monday - 7.5 miles under the stars.  Supposed to be our coldest night so far this fall, probably down below 30 around here.

NH Runner

Tuesday, 10/29

4 mile treadmill run this morning.   Started @ 5mph and increased the speed by .2 each mile to finish @ 5.6 mph.   Relieved the boredom by working on running at a 180 cadence, I don't do it naturally, but would like to...

22 degrees here this morning...

Chantilly75

3 miles on the track. Switching up of shoes not helping.

Foot still hurts.  Will continue to train, anyways…Confused

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

I put the foam insert into my Saucony Kinvaras and it had enough arch support that it lifted the sore toes off the bottom of the shoe, but not so much arch, that it would bother my other foot. Pain free run! Smile

5 miles morning (track)

5 miles afternoon (streets)

May put the Kinvara insole back into the right foot only, if the arch feels sore tomorrow.

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

Wednesday - 7+ miles on the Mohawk River rail trail.  Warm enough to wear shorts!!  Stopped & ran here on my way home from work so I wouldn't have to run in the dark later on ...

NH Runner

Thursday, 10/31

5 mile road run!  I haven't run on the road since Aug. 24, when my achilles let go.   First split surprised me, 8:55, then I just tried to maintain the effort... 8:49, 8:53, 8:49 and 9:01.   I'm working on a quicker cadence that'll shorten my stride and hopefully take some of the pressure off my achilles.   No pain during the run, but now that achilles is a little tender, keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing serious...

Chantilly... whatever it takes, eh?   You had a good day yesterday and pain free to boot.  Here's hoping for more of the same today.

adkkev... 38 degrees here when I started my run today, some people wear shorts in that weather, but not me... lol  Nice run!

Chantilly75

adkkev  I imagine your trail still looks scenic.

NH Runner 5 miles is a good return to the road.

3 leisurely miles around the neighborhood, looking at Hallowe'en decorations.  Have to put the Saucony insole back in the right shoe. Too much arch support in that foot gives my tibialis posterior tendon a pain.

it's strange how the two feet are so different with the areas that get sore.

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

8 miles run

1 mile walked.

Wish I had some kind of supportive slipper for in the house, but not too supportive...

Sonata Arctica