50 and over 5k and beyond

December 2015 Runs and Workouts (Read 7 times)

NH Runner

Monday, 12/28... big turn-around in our weather today, 22 degrees with a stiff wind.    But... with snow coming in tonight into tomorrow, I figured I'd better run today while the runnin's good, so got out for a 5 miler on the railtrail.     Easy first mile, then mid to low 9:00's.

art... nice 8 miler!    It's hard to know who to believe in the media these days, isn't it?    Everyone seems to have an agenda.   I try not to take any of it too serious, all that does is raise your blood pressure...lol

Dan... lots of running Bootie for Christmas, so yep, no excuses now...lol   My brother's wife has a big family and when they get together, they're 50 strong...lol

Az... it's the top of my knee that's sore.    I think the tendon that attaches your quad to your knee cap is a little inflamed and over-striding with a hard landing is why.    If I don't relax when I run, for some reason it causes me to over stride, which in turn causes the hard landings that made my knee sore.   It's an easy enough fix, today's run was fine, but sometimes I have to get sore before I do a running form self-exam...    Good luck with your knee, sometimes these forced breaks are for the best, you'll come back stronger than ever.

rmcj001

Well, 2015 is coming to a close.  Finished out the year with a 7.3 mile run on the TM.  Wasn't pretty, but got it done.  Kind of lost all my mojo before Christmas, hey it happens.  Guess it's time to get serious...or, not...

Az - liked the RR and smart move dropping down to the half with that balky knee.  I'm impressed that you completed the 1/2! As for runs on the schedule for next year, 1/2 at end of January (~2500' of elevation gain), another in Feb (~3000'), 3 races in April - Rock'n Roll 1/2, Ayala Cove (Angel Island) and Boston. Several others on the schedule, but April also brings Docent training and don't know what that will do to the schedule...

NH - Some good miles in before the weather and the end of the year.  Take care with the knee!

Dan - DW giving you a hint?  You'll just have to get out there and run! Good to have time with family over the holidays!  Cool!

Art - Nice 8 miler.  Hope you got all the miles in that you wanted!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Ray