50 and over 5k and beyond

February 2015 Runs and Workouts (Read 22 times)

So fortunate we have had SUNNY days lately despite the cold temps.  Had a full plate today with conference calls and meetings with people before I leave for AZ.  That always seems to happen before a trip.

Plan was a LONG run (13-15) miles today but had early conference call, so modifications:  split up day with two runs.  So it was a "CHANTILLY" day!!  Ran 7 miles this morning, mostly interval runs per mile on TM and mini track.   Had lunch meeting for 1.5 hour.  Went back to gym, ran another 7 interval miles in the afternoon, then another meeting before meeting with DH for dinner and another couple.  So 14 miles total, YIPPEE!! Smile  Rest tomorrow.  Have ballroom dancing 'party' tomorrow night.  File taxes on Monday, then leave for AZ trip, YAY!!! Smile

Art in AZ

Got 10 miles in this morning. Weather was windy and cloudy skies. Could feel the wind picking up towards the end of the run and it felt cooler also. Now we wait for the rain later. And colder temps are on the way for the next few days.

AZ - Way to get the miles in. Coming to Arizona Monday. This mornings news for Northern Arizona. "Flagstaff braces for season's biggest snowstorm." Welcome back to Arizona. Well at least it should be warmer than where you are now. Like 5 - 10 degrees.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

justrundan

Rich- take care of that knee.      You sure seem to be doing well for having a bum knee.

AZ-  Your are really piling on the miles.  Way to go.  Do you have a HM in the plans for the trip to AZ?   O yeah, filing taxes, I knew there was something I was avoiding. 

Rich- Working the upper body?  I'm right there with you, I need it but don't do enough of it.   My son is a diesel mechanic, and very thin, doesn't have the big muscles, but he has an incredible grip.

Fletch- You all have really been having the atypical weather the last few weeks.  Play it safe on the ice.

I had to push it the last 2 days to hit 100 for the month.  I'm trying to have fewer (or no) really low months like I've had in the past.  did 5 yest morning and  6 in afternoon, both on TM.  This morning I forced myself outside for 5.25 @ -5 degrees.  I actually overdressed and got a little too warm.

I signed up for a Pi Day 5K race on 3.14.15, 2 weeks from today.  It's sponsored by the UW Madison math honor society.  I realized there will likely be lots of students running, so I'm setting my sights really low.  But I'll do anything for a piece of pie- that's the reward at the end! 

I also formally registered for the Door County HM on May 2.  Moderately hilly, so not looking to PR, but hope to beat my time from 2 years ago.

Dan

Got 10 miles in this morning. Weather was windy and cloudy skies. Could feel the wind picking up towards the end of the run and it felt cooler also. Now we wait for the rain later. And colder temps are on the way for the next few days.

AZ - Way to get the miles in. Coming to Arizona Monday. This mornings news for Northern Arizona. "Flagstaff braces for season's biggest snowstorm." Welcome back to Arizona. Well at least it should be warmer than where you are now. Like 5 - 10 degrees.

ART:  HAHA!! Been stalking the weather channel from here to northern AZ.  By the time I get there, it should be 'nicer' and SUNNY and 30/40 degrees.  I remember when I made a trip last year from snowing MN to Flag in the midst of a snowstorm so that's just my luck, LOL!!  The dirt trails in Flag are usually muddy, slushy from the melting snow with some icy patches due to less sun exposure in the forest.  But I'll be running them as much as possible.  I'll be heading down the the valley for my trail races.

Great 10 miler!! Rain is always a welcome in the valley.  So are you still thinking of running one of the trail races?  The Peoria FM/HM is 4/4/15 as well. There's no other dirt trail races so I'm thinking about that ......before heading back to MN.

AZ-  Your are really piling on the miles.  Way to go.  Do you have a HM in the plans for the trip to AZ?   O yeah, filing taxes, I knew there was something I was avoiding. 

I had to push it the last 2 days to hit 100 for the month.  I'm trying to have fewer (or no) really low months like I've had in the past.  did 5 yest morning and  6 in afternoon, both on TM.  This morning I forced myself outside for 5.25 @ -5 degrees.  I actually overdressed and got a little too warm.

I signed up for a Pi Day 5K race on 3.14.15, 2 weeks from today.  It's sponsored by the UW Madison math honor society.  I realized there will likely be lots of students running, so I'm setting my sights really low.  But I'll do anything for a piece of pie- that's the reward at the end! 

I also formally registered for the Door County HM on May 2.  Moderately hilly, so not looking to PR, but hope to beat my time from 2 years ago.

Dan:  It felt great to run my last 'long' run before heading down to AZ.  Yes, I have two HM trail races near Phoenix.

http://www.aztrailrace.com/code/BLACKCANYON.html

http://www.aravaiparunning.com/mesquite-canyon/

It's a wonderful 'sign' when you feel 'overdressed' in -5 degrees!!  Pie as a finish prize, why not?!? Lucky you.  I was wondering if you were going back for the Door County HM.  I would love to run the DWD but not sure if I can fit it in my schedule.

NH Runner

Saturday, 2/28... I took yesterday off and ran 5 miles on the highway today.    Splits were 9:10, 8:59, 8:57, 8:52 and 8:56, gimme an "A" for consistency.    Local news reported that this February is the coldest ever recorded since they started keeping data back in 1872.    No wonder I've been cold...

Ray... you're doing well for a guy with only one good leg.   It's good that your knee feels better, wishing you more good luck...

Art... you're right about us runners, we've got legs of steel, but couldn't beat Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oil arm wrestling...lol    I put the trike together to change all that, I just wonder how many miles of riding it'll take...lol   Nice 10 miler!

az... with all the sunshine you're getting in Mn, why would you want to go to Az...  Congrats on the 14 miles...

Dan... there doesn't seem to be an easy solution for runners looking for an upper body workout.    My trike's a good idea, but it needs to be made more user friendly.    I like the idea of more consistent mileage from month to month, you did well to get 11 on the treadmill yesterday, not to mention the 5.25 in -5 degree weather today.   Nice!