50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & workouts for week ending 2/10/2013 (Read 19 times)

NH Runner

8 miles on the railtrail today.  Temp at  24 degrees, wind gusts to 30 mph and lots of ice to side step.  Splits were 10:14, 9:41, 9:58, 9:50, 9:59, 10:00, 9:44 and 9:36.  A real character builder... Roll eyes

rmcj001

Looks like the foot is healed Rich!  Good run in the cold and wind.

Meant to walk today, but need to pick up friend from airport so ended up running about 2.5 miles, 4.4 miles total in under 48 minutes.

Getting there slowly...

Ray

Chantilly75

5 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

I'm still not at 100% with the foot Ray, but it's letting me run, so I'm happy.  My schedule is 2 days of running, then a day off.   I use the day off to rehab the foot with contrast baths and an ace bandage, plus I'm working on my form so this injury doesn't crop up again.

Today's run was 5 miles on the railtrail.  Temp was in the 20's again, but the wind had died down enough to make for decent conditions.    Splits were 10:11, 9:38, 9:53, 9:42 and 9:29.

It sounds like you're slowly getting back up to speed Ray, good for you.

Chantilly, what's the weather like where you run?  Are you one of those lucky souls like Ray living on the West Coast... lol

Chantilly75

NH Runner  Mid-west, cold and snow. Usually run on TM or indoor track in winter.

Rest day.

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Rich, yes things are going slowly - for both of us...

Chantilly,  I'm not sure how I'd do in the real cold.

Yesterday was a brisk walk, 4.3 miles in 57 minutes.

Ray

Chantilly75

mcj001 .... the cold, that's why I run inside...

6 miles this morning on track inside.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Thursday -  2/7/2013

I ran an 8 mile loop course on the roads today, with a decent hill in mile 5.   A slight headwind for the first 3.5 miles, then a left  turn onto a side road got me out of the wind and headed for home.  Temp was 20 degrees, splits were 9:28, 9:25, 9:20, 9:27, 10:49, 9:24, 9:45 and 9:47.

Has anyone seen the snowstorm bearing down on the East Coast?   We could get 2 feet of snow before it's over.   At this rate I may be ditching the running shoes and breaking out the XC skis.

Nice run Chantilly.  I own a treadmill but prefer to bundle up like the Pillsbury Doughboy and stumble around in the cold.  I don't have access to an indoor track, but I think I'd use one if I did.

Chantilly75

6 miles on indoor track.

NH Runner 20F & windy would be cold for me. Hope you don't get too much snow....unless you'd rather ski for a change..

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Brisk 4.5 mile walk in 58:40.

Chantilly & Rich, hope you are warm and safe.

Ray

NH Runner

Friday - 2/8/2013

It's snowing in NH tonight...lol  I'll take a picture tomorrow and see if I can post it here.

Chantilly, I'm sure you know about layering clothes to stay warm.  I'm getting by with running pants, a tech turtleneck long sleeve shirt under a lighter long sleeve tech shirt, a zippered windbreaker, gloves and a hat.  Some people run with a fleece jacket, but I like a windbreaker for obvious reasons.  Mine's got a full length zipper I can unzip if I start to overheat.   In 20 degree weather you might want tights under running pants, but you get the idea.  When it warms up a bit I cut back to just a turtleneck under the windbreaker.

Having said all that, I think 6 miles on an indoor track is excellent.  Good for you...

I got out early enough this morning to almost beat the storm and ran 4 four miles on the railtrail.  There's was just enough new snow to hide the ice underneath and I did a fair amount of slipping and sliding, but managed to stay upright.  Splits were 10:37, 10:06, 10:10 and 9:49.

These walks you're doing are a solid way to cross train Ray, hang in there.

Tomorrow's a day off for me...