50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts Ending 2/17/2013 (Read 14 times)

rmcj001

4 Miles 36:43.  Splits were 9:18, 9:30, 9:12, 8:46 - warm ~60F, no clouds looks to be dry warm week.

All things considered leg felt really good.  Icing right now as a precaution.

Ray

Ray, Great to hear!!! Are you the first post? I had a rough time accessing this. Any idea why?

Mary Kay

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me  

NH Runner

I seem to have caught the flu.  Not sure when I'll get out to run again, I've been feeling pretty bad the last couple of days.

Nice run Ray...

rmcj001

Rich,  Sorry to hear that.  You survived the blizzard tho, that's good.  Might not be the worst thing in the world, a couple of days off.  Gives all those aching parts a chance to heal, or at least not ache so much.  Hopefully....

MK, good to see you!  The main thread is "Hi!", but I have the first post there too! Smile  Oh, wait - this isn't slashdot, so not quite that big a deal.

This is more to just discuss weekly runs and so a new thread every week.  We don't mind company here, but most stick exclusively to the "Hi!" thread.  Post where ever it feels most comfortable whenever you feel like it.

Chantilly, hope you're warmer now.

Ray

Chantilly75

mcj001 hope the leg is holding up.

NH Runner hope you feel better soon!

14 degrees here, not too bad, but still running indoors.

14 miles this morning on the track.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

7 mile run.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

I got on the treadmill this morning to give it a go, but shut it down when the coughing started.  I'm into day 6 of the flu and feeling better, but still have a ways to go.  I have no idea what this has done to my fitness, but I'm down 4 pounds, for whatever that's worth.

Chantilly, thanks.  And 14 miles on the track?  Holy Moly!

Thanks Ray.  We ended up with about a foot of snow from the blizzard, but east if here some places were reporting 30 inches +

Chantilly75

NH Runner  my family had the 'flu in October, and I found that after I returned to running, my breathing was harder.  It took awhile to get back to normal.

6 miles.

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

rest day.

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Chantilly, good to see you're keeping it going.  I think I dislike tracks more then treadmills.

Rich, How's the recovery going?  I don't mind running when I have a cold, for me it helps to clear out the lungs.  Been awhile since I've had the flu - hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Leg felt good through most of Tuesday and then worse.  Walked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday it didn't feel as good as I thought so bagged it.  Yesterday walked a bit, but unmeasured.  Don't feel like I making progress, so I've decided to stop any attempts to run and will stick to walking and try and slow my pace to a more moderate 15 mpm for at least a week.   Skipped second race of the year that would have wanted to do.  Wife got 2nd in her Age group for the 1/2 marathon yesterday and more importantly under 2 hours.

Ray

Chantilly75

mcj001 congratulations to your wife!

5 miles on the track.

A marathon training club and a triathlon group were there, which livened it up from the usual seniors walking.Wink

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

I'm still on the disabled list, but am going to try running later this week.

Thanks for the heads up Chantilly, I expect I'll struggle with breathing when I run again as well.

That's too bad about missing your race Ray, I have a feeling you were real close to a stress fracture when you stopped running, so recovery is bound to be slow.  Hang in there.  And congrats. to your wife!