50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts week ending 8/11/13 (Read 8 times)

NH Runner

Thursday... I had a better run today, 2 miles on the railtrail to start, then detoured onto the highway for another 4.   I ran in minimalist shoes today and the thin soles didn't protect my feet from the stones on the railtrail.  I'd have been ok, except Tuesday's barefoot run left my feet a little "tender".

I think damage from the sun is why most people avoid running shirtless these days.   In my wife's case, she's probably just jealous because I can and she can't... Wink

Nice run Chantilly...

saratg

There is an old (70s), quite overweight guy who runs shirtless near where I park at work.  He huffs & puffs, often with a tiny dog tagging along.  My impulse is always to yell out my window "You go, Buddy!!!".  I haven't done it yet, since I'm not sure he'd appreciate it.  On the other hand, I think swim shops that sell Speedo bikinis to men over 65 should be fined.  I don't care how atheletic they are.

Art in AZ

7 miles this morning. A little drier and cooler this morning. Humidity goes down, afternoon temps go up.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

adkkev

6+ this morning ... cloudy, sprinkling off & on, warmish & somewhat humid.

This old guy keeps his shirt on.

Rich ... a tip of my hat to you for the barefoot running.  I've kinda moved in the opposite direction as I am now running in Hokas.  Altho the heel drop is only 5mm, almost like my old Pure Flows.

NH Runner

Friday... 5 miles today on the railtrail.  We had a steady rain for most of the today, but radar looked like I had a window of opportunity at around 2 this afternoon.  Turned out it was almost right too, when I left the house the rain had stopped, but a mile into the run it was raining cats and dogs.  (Anyone know where that expression came from?)  By mile 3 the rain had stopped, but by then I looked like a drowned rat.   Thankfully, everyone else had stayed home today, so no-one saw me in my sorry state...Joking

adkkev... I'm not sure what I'm amounting to running barefoot.  So far, it makes my feet sore, but not much else...lol

And I'm with sara, I don't care what you look like, if you're out there working out, I'm in your corner.  As I know we all are...

Chantilly75

7 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

6.5 yesterday in ~53:30 felt good.

6.5 today ~56:40 felt blah.

Well, maybe I shouldn't care about wearing a shirt, but I have body issues.  I'm in good shape for my age, but after a certain age people don't need to see it and I've hit "that" age.  Call it vanity, call it modesty, call it weird - it's part of who I am.

Ray

Chantilly75

7 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Art in AZ

8.4 miles this morning in 1:21. Felt nice out with the low humidity. Now it's time for some yard work and then I can work on the car.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

Saturday... 4 miles on the railtrail.  Lots of ATV'ers out today and most of 'em only know one speed, wide open!   Weekends are best if you run early, you avoid the speedsters.

Sunday... been waiting for this run to happen for a while now, my form change and everything that went with getting used to it seems to finally be behind me.  8 miles with a decent hill in mile 5, I eased up the last mile.  Haven't seen these splits in a while...8:56, 8:37, 8:32, 8:36, 10:17, 8:27, 8:21 and 9:25.   Very happy with this run!

adkkev

Saturday - rest day

Sunday - 5.5 miles on the rail/nature trail.