50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts week ending 8/18/2013 (Read 7 times)

NH Runner

Monday...  6 miles on the mtn bike at an easy pace.  Sometimes a bike ride is a nice way to recover from a previous workout.

Tuesday... 5 mile run on the pavement.  Tight calf in my right leg is still giving me trouble, but improving.  Splits were 9:17, 9:05, 9:10, 8:55 and 8:47

Art in AZ

5 mile run this morning.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

adkkev

6+ earlier this evening after the rains passed through.

Chantilly75

10 miles yesterday

6 miles today.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

3.5 early this morning before work.  A bit on the chilly side!  Did see a rainbow too.

adkkev

Another 4.3 miles around town this evening as the sun was setting.  Very pleasant running weather.

adkkev

4.6 miles on a beautiful crisp morning.

NH Runner

Wednesday... 7 miles on the railtrail

Thursday... 5 mile loop around the local golf course

Lower right leg still complaining when I run, but not quite as badly.   I woke up to the sound of the furnace running this morning, it was 46 degrees outside.  Two weeks ago, the air conditioner was running non stop... Roll eyes   And I just signed up for this year's "pre-buy" for fuel oil at $3.65 a gallon.   Sometimes, the heat out West doesn't look so bad... lol

Ray & Art, have you guys bought your heat for the winter yet? Wink

Art in AZ

Yesterday did 18.5 miles on the bike. Did a route that included 3 elevation changes up. The slightly cooler temps that we had are gone and the very warm, humid feeling mornings are back. So the wind felt good.

Today was a couple of hours turning dirt in the garden. Almost time to start planting the fall/winter garden.

Rich - Ha Ha! When I bought my house I made sure the back faced South so I could build an Arizona/solar room on the back. During the Winter, err.. colder months the sun heats the Arizona room which flows into the house and heats the house during the day. Then the house slowly cools during the night. Works really well. Dec., Jan., Feb. and March bills are the lowest because of this. The summer months are the opposite. July, Aug. and Sept. are the highest. So I guess it averages out over the year.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

adkkev

another 3.5 tonight ... a really nice evening for a short run around the neighborhood.

Rich ... ouch on the fuel oil ... we switched to natural gas a few years ago along with a nice efficient furnace & our heating bills aren't all that bad in the winter months.  And we also have a tankless hot water heater (natural gas as well) that has saved us some $$.

rmcj001

Been on vacation in Colorado.  No running yet, hoping to get something into day.  Haven't been idle tho.  Monday and Tuesday hiked from Aspen to Crested Butte and then back.  Peak elevation about 12,500 feet.  Visited Leadville yesterday, 100 mile trail race this weekend, saw the packet pickup area and got a tech-shirt for oldest son.  Gotta go.

Ray

Art in AZ

6 miles this morning.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

Friday, 8/16/2013

7 miles today, ran the mile to the HS track, 20 revolutions around that with no shoes on gave me 5 barefoot miles, then I put my shoes on and ran home.   The reward for all that was bleeding feet, but not bad... Joking   Is running FUN, or what? lol

akdkev... you've done well to get your heating costs down, good for you.

Art... my living room faces to the South and in the winter it's still COLD... lol

adkkev

Saturday ... 9.3 miles on the double track rail trail ... a beautiful late morning run.

NH Runner

Saturday... took the day completely off.

Sunday... 8 miles on the highway.  Shunned any hills and ran at an easy pace...