52 in 52

Kia ora (Read 594 times)

Wondering how this group came about? Quite simply actually, just check out this thread by A Solitary Vice. Some RunningAHEAD idiots runners thought it would be a good idea to give it a go. kia ora is a Māori language greeting which has entered New Zealand English. It means literally "be well/healthy" and is translated as an informal "hi" at the Māori Language Commission website Kōrero Māori.[1] The New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage website NZ History lists it as one of 100 Māori words every New Zealander should know, with a definition "Hi!, G'day! (general informal greeting)". (source - wikipedia.org)

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uff da! That's Norwegian and translates roughly the same as Homer Simpson's "D'oh!" Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Uff da! That's Norwegian and translates roughly the same as Homer Simpson's "D'oh!" Big grin
        Uff da back at ya babe. When's your first 13.1?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uff da back at ya babe. When's your first 13.1?
          Ha, my first official 13.1 race is not until Sept. Until then I'll count any runs over 13.1, if that's OK. Tomorrow I'm planning on 18-19. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ha, my first official 13.1 race is not until Sept. Until then I'll count any runs over 13.1, if that's OK. Tomorrow I'm planning on 18-19. Big grin
            That'll do it. I'm planning to extend a Tuesday 9 miler, and I should get two on the coming Sunday. That's the plan anyway.

E.J.

Carl A

Wie geht's? Hey, are we counting all of the halves we've done from January 1 of this year, or are we starting our counts from now?

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Wie geht's? Hey, are we counting all of the halves we've done from January 1 of this year, or are we starting our counts from now?
                This is an excellent question Carl. I'll leave that up to our founder ASV, or a group vote. If this group is going to continue, it would make sense to reset at New Year's. We are in the twelfth full week of the year at the moment, but I'm guessing most of the idiots runners that have signed on have run 13.1 a couple of times already. Why not go for 52 in 41 for 2009? We will probably have some idiot runner joining us in July, so gold medal for 52, silver for one a week? If Scovill can catch up in one afternoon, we can in 41 weeks, right? What say ye Mr Founder?

E.J.

Michael Bennett

Kia ora ano! Yeah I reckon we should be counting from January 1, makes it all rounded-off and logical. If anyone is looking for a great half to do in September, look at the link below - it's the course Arthur Lydiard sent his boys over every day - tough as hell but very beautiful - we could have the inaugural group meeting over a Steinlager or 6 afterwards! http://www.thelegend.co.nz/