52 in 52

Trying to make a comeback (Read 341 times)

jeffdonahue

I'm trying to redeem myself and make a comeback here (which will also help get my mileage back up to a respectable level)

Got in 9 in the past 30 days and 3 in the past week - this morning's I really should have brought water with me, but I was stupid and i didnt and I felt it at the end.  Still have my planned long run on sunday as well - hopefully will catch the "52 in 52" bunny by the end of the month.

C-R

I'm with you Jeff albeit a bit further down the path. I just did 5 today pain free and noticed I am setting myself up for the best month since March. The humor in that is my month will look like a decent runner's weekly total.

Oh well, one brick at a time and one step at a time.

I did get some inspiration from a video on Mark Colston. His running streak started in 1968 and averages nine miles per day during that time. I guess I need to nut up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

I did get some inspiration from a video on Mark Colston. His running streak started in 1968 and averages nine miles per day during that time. I guess I need to nut up.

Yep, I'm only 40 years or so behind him on the streak thing.  But my average is WAY lower than that.  I think I'm averaging about 5mpd.

Keep on plugging along.  I got my inspiration watching BadDawg PR at the 5K almost every week this summer and figured maybe I should start running more too.

xhristopher

Watching BadDawg gives me a lot to look forward to 10 years from now. Jeff, once you pass the bunny run a couple for me. I'm probably out for the year but I just checked my log and found about 52 or 3 from May 2010 to May 2011 so I got my 52 in 52 back on Patriot's day.

jeffdonahue

Watching BadDawg gives me a lot to look forward to 10 years from now. Jeff, once you pass the bunny run a couple for me. I'm probably out for the year but I just checked my log and found about 52 or 3 from May 2010 to May 2011 so I got my 52 in 52 back on Patriot's day.

No problem - having a good string of runs right now, got 2 13 milers in in the last two days (including a nice one yesterday running with Irene -though she did keep slapping me in face adn telling me I was stupid).  Hoping to catch the bunhy on Wednesday and pass it this weekend.  I think I have 10 in so far this month.

No problem - having a good string of runs right now, got 2 13 milers in in the last two days (including a nice one yesterday running with Irene -though she did keep slapping me in face adn telling me I was stupid).  Hoping to catch the bunhy on Wednesday and pass it this weekend.  I think I have 10 in so far this month.

Nice work Jeff!  Keep plugging along, stay injury-free, and just as important....enjoy a great time of year for running!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Thanks BD - and congrats on winning the Good Times series.

Thanks BD - and congrats on winning the Good Times series.

Thanks Jeff!  By the skin of my teeth, and then only because two of the local Kenyans were banged up.  Titus had a hard time recovering from a 2:39 at the Buffalo marathon, and Festus just ran himself into the ground.  Both are good guys, and it really did feel odd (and wondertful) to run on their shoulders for a change.

(even sporting my RA Swamp singlet!)  Festus in Greater Lowell gear, Titus in RUN.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Next year I hope to make it up there for some of those Good Times races.  Maybe running with some of you fast people can coax a faster 5K out of me.

And on another note, I think I caught the freaking bunny today.

Yipee. I'm a comeback-kid now too. Today I managed a HM after a 65 day HM-drought.

Not my best time, but probably my best "training efficiency" (result vs preparation)

1hr27min - not shabby given I've only averaged about 14km/week over the past 9 weeks.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Great to hear Ian, hope it's the first of many trouble free runs for you!

E.J.

jeffdonahue

Crap, just when I was catching up. 

Just kidding, glad you're back running and I would be psyched to get that HM time in any race, never mind an unprepared one.

C-R

Me too First one today in too long of a time. One of my boys rode his bike with me for the run and made it seem like a 3 miler. I need to have them tag along ore often.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Me too First one today in too long of a time. One of my boys rode his bike with me for the run and made it seem like a 3 miler. I need to have them tag along ore often.

Nice Norm! 175 days, 11 hours and 7 minutes until Patriots' Day. Keep it rolling!

E.J.

C-R

That's my target.