52 in 52

Post when you get your first one in (Read 362 times)

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I got my first of the yr today.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Nice Doug, hope you're not much the worse for wear and tear.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

Got it done today. Major suckfest though.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I got my first 13.1 in today, 1/22/11 on the dreadmill. I'm sure I would have never made it if I didn't htrow in some strides after mile 11.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I've done two on an 11 laps to the mile indoor track, and thought I would lose my mind.  I can't imagine doing one on a treadmill, way to go Toast!

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I've done two on an 11 laps to the mile indoor track, and thought I would lose my mind.  I can't imagine doing one on a treadmill, way to go Toast!

My local YMCA has an 11 lap to a mile indoor track so I know where your coming from, just not 144 laps worth.

I tweaked my knee last year running on that track from all the short and tight 90 degree turns. I have only ran on it twice since then and only for about 33 laps or three miles..

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

jeffdonahue

I was at Malden YMCA a few weeks ago for a basketball tournament and they had a track upstairs that went around the gym.  It was weird - pretty much a rectangle and it was 16 laps to a mile.  But what I thought was even weirder was that there were two lanes and it said the outside lane was 17 laps to a mile.

Now, I know I dont do much geometry any more but by my calculations if the outer track is say 3 feet farther out than the inner lane, then that is only an increase of about 19 feet (2pi * radius) so there is now way it would take an extra whole lap to make a mile on the outside lane.  That would mess me up and I woldnt be able to run on it unless I knew which one was actually a mile long.

I'd have to break out the foot pod or something to test it before I started.

Hmmm, that doesn't make sense does it?  Longer tracks (like 400m for example) take fewer laps to make a mile, so the longer outside lane should be less than 16 laps, no?

E.J.

Hmmm, that doesn't make sense does it?  Longer tracks (like 400m for example) take fewer laps to make a mile, so the longer outside lane should be less than 16 laps, no?

Yes

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I just got my second 13.1 in today on the dreadmill. I had an 11 miler planned and figured I might as well make it a HM distance.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

my Y has a 9 lap to a mile track. Most Ive managed on that was 8 miles. I do prefer that to the treadmill though. I dont trust the distances on any treadmill. Busted my ass yesterday @11:45/m for 3 miles. Ran almost 9 outside last night without a problem at faster pace.

I just got my second 13.1 in today on the dreadmill. I had an 11 miler planned and figured I might as well make it a HM distance.

I noticed that the spreadsheet was not showing your progress properly so I checked out why.

You have been entering the count of your HMs directly into the summary sheet - so I've modified the formula for the YTD and end goal percentages so they work for you. The rest of us use the individual sheets/tabs for each person (so we get our own progress chart and can look back on when we did those HMs). To get to it you should be able to click on the "Burnt Toast" tab at the bottom of the sheet.

If you decide you want to use the individual sheet instead then let me know and I'll change the formuala back.

If anyone else in the group wants to simplify the data entry and just key the total count directly into the sheet then let me know and I'll tweak it for you too.

Running - cheaper than therapy

I noticed that the spreadsheet was not showing your progress properly so I checked out why.

You have been entering the count of your HMs directly into the summary sheet - so I've modified the formula for the YTD and end goal percentages so they work for you. The rest of us use the individual sheets/tabs for each person (so we get our own progress chart and can look back on when we did those HMs). To get to it you should be able to click on the "Burnt Toast" tab at the bottom of the sheet.

If you decide you want to use the individual sheet instead then let me know and I'll change the formuala back.

If anyone else in the group wants to simplify the data entry and just key the total count directly into the sheet then let me know and I'll tweak it for you too.

I hate to be thought of as a "non-conformist", so I'll do it the way the rest are getting it done. I didn't even notice any tabs at the bottom. I'm planning a 15 miler on Sunday so if its set up by then, I'll use it.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I hate to be thought of as a "non-conformist", so I'll do it the way the rest are getting it done. I didn't even notice any tabs at the bottom. I'm planning a 15 miler on Sunday so if its set up by then, I'll use it.

Being a non-conformist is good. Someone has to be or nothing would ever improve.

Anyway I've made the mods and entered your first two.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Carl A

2 down, 50 to go.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.