52 in 52

Week of January 30th (Read 256 times)

Might I just say....DAMN THIS WEATHER!  My next 13.1 may be the first half of the Boston Marathon.  This sucks.  That's all, I feel much better now.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

I'm with you Dawg.

I look out the window and see over 2' of ice on the roads while freezing rain comes down. It's Feb and things won't thaw until March. My treadmill will get some serious use this year. Crap.

Enough bitching. I have my double for the day to do now.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm with you Dawg.

I look out the window and see over 2' of ice on the roads while freezing rain comes down. It's Feb and things won't thaw until March. My treadmill will get some serious use this year. Crap.

Enough bitching. I have my double for the day to do now.

Welcome to my world, CR. Its nice to have some company although nobody needs freezing rain.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

yeah, we are right below the snow line and its 34 degrees and raining now. We will have a large sheet of ice in the morning. I only managed 4 miles on the indoor track tonight. I need things to improve to have any chance at a 13.1 this week. I have to run long late at night..and outside is the only chance.

yeah, we are right below the snow line and its 34 degrees and raining now. 

I'll take snow over that crap any day of the week, trying to run in that stuff is the worst.  That nastiness can take all your body heat and still be looking for more.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

I've been doing so much treadmill running lately I'm starting to question things such as my sanity, if I'm actually running, where did the sidewalks go, will I still be able to run hills...

It's gotten so bad I usually do half of the run on one side of the gym then switch over to the other side for the other half of the run. That helps.

jeffdonahue

I realized this morning that I hate treadmills that are facing a wall.  I was running on one this morning at a Marriott and it drove me crazy.  And this one even had its own televisino for me to watch and I still hated it.

Hoping that i can get a good run outside by Saturday (before that next storm)

You all have my sympathy and respect for your commitment.

I've never lived anywhere where the weather gets that cold. Down here in New Zealand its mid summer right now and the only weather challenge I have is that it gets a bit warm in the afternoon. If you really want to ramp up your running efforts perhaps consider a move down here to the South Pacific? No snow & temperature range over the full year of something like 5deg C - 30deg C (40 to 90 deg F).

Running - cheaper than therapy

jeffdonahue

Sounds nice, do you need any accountants?

Although you probably work on different accoutnign rules than in the US so that might not work either.

how about civil engineers? I can design a mean road.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Sounds nice, do you need any accountants?

Hey no problem come on down. You guys just count beans don't you?

how about civil engineers? I can design a mean road.

Plenty of jobs here for civil engineers. We need more roads.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Kalsarikännit

Hi guys!  I just found your group, and I thought it would be a good way to push those middle distance runs and extra mile or two.  (Plus, does a chick really need a reason to want to hang out with BadDawg?)

I noticed there is a lot of conversation about upcoming 12 hour races.  A lot of people seem to be on the fence.  Let me assure you, it isn't boring.  When you are out there running you are lost in your own thoughts or busy talking to other runners.  I have been ten hours into a race when I noticed a tree or a building and wondered how it suddenly got there.  Ha.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart