52 in 52

2012 (Read 282 times)

C-R

It's a new year and the slate is clean. I'm in for 2012.

Anyone else?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Yeah.  

I was in bad shape last year.  The entire year was spent dealing with a case of peroneal tendonitis.  I had lots of runs I could have put in here, but I stopped logging all together.  I just didn't feel like a true runner.  It ended up being a wasted year.  Well, almost.  All the money I saved in shoes and racing made it possible to trek in Nepal for two  months.  I'm ready to get back to running.  It has been a slow start, but I will get there.  This will help me out.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jpdeaux

Sure. Why not.

But only if BadDawg stays away. Eight in 7 days to end the year with, like, 879 or something. Cripes. Wink

In.

C-R

I'm sure Superman I mean BadDawg will be along shortly. Good to see you back WG. You going to run Dances With Dirt in Gnawbone with us?

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Kalsarikännit

I'm sure Superman I mean BadDawg will be along shortly. Good to see you back WG. You going to run Dances With Dirt in Gnawbone with us?

Nope.  I'm pretty sure that is the same weekend as Ice Age.  I love that race.  It is disappointing that they are so close to each other.  The DWD stuff is just crazy, and I loved running down by Bloomington when I did Tecumseh.

I will be racing in Indiana on June 9 when I do the Hawthorn Half Day.  Wanna come race it?  Going to Terre Haute gives you an enormous appreciation for the rest of Indiana.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

C-R

Nope.  I'm pretty sure that is the same weekend as Ice Age.  I love that race.  It is disappointing that they are so close to each other.  The DWD stuff is just crazy, and I loved running down by Bloomington when I did Tecumseh.

I will be racing in Indiana on June 9 when I do the Hawthorn Half Day.  Wanna come race it?  Going to Terre Haute gives you an enormous appreciation for the rest of Indiana.

Hey. I didn't know about that one. That sounds good. You doing the Superwoman version? 12 hours. Never really thought of that but following DWD, this would be the next illogical step.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Okay, not sure if I am in for this this year, but I'll stay with the gorup and see where my training takes me.  I only have one goal race for the year so far and that's a 10 miler in March, so I should at least get my one a week through then.  After that I am either going to go for one of three goals.

Speed - hit 19:00 in the 5K

Medium Speed - PR in a Fall marathon, go for 3:20

Go Long - Finally do that Ultra I've been thinking about doing for the past 2 years.

But I'm going to totally focus on the 10 miler for hte next 2 months first then see what I feel like doing and how my body is feeling.

Best of luck to all this year.

Jeff

Wing

Joggaholic

I'm in! I need more time on my feet this year. Will be running my first marathon in Feb, looking forward to a guaranteed PR (hopefully not a DNF)!

I'll keep my name on the list, but it may be a while before I get started as I'm taking a break to try and get a heel injury sorted. In the meantime I guess I'll linger at the bottom of the scoreboard.

I've given the tracking sheet a tweak and its all set up and ready for fire for 2012. If you are looking for the data from 2009 to 2011 it's at this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkJ99_WhRXY2dG1SYVE1NWZ6UW56MG50NC1wMkdJOWc

Congratulations to jeffdonahue - first one out of the starting blocks for 2012, ahead of baddawg, and at 200% of the YTD target!! Can you keep it going?

Running - cheaper than therapy

jpdeaux

Thank you for setting it up for us Ian. Much appreciated

Absolutely, have to add my thanks as well.  The spreadsheet is top notch!

Best of luck with getting your heel injury sorted, and throughout the new year Ian.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

+1en

Hope the injury bug is short for you Ian.

Wing

Joggaholic

+1 Smile

xhristopher

In.

Considering that I'm already registered to run a marathon this spring, in theory, I should be good to go through May.

Wrigley, a wasted year of quality running in exchange for two months of Nepal trekking? That's some silver lining. Where do I sign up?