52 in 52

New Goal (Read 361 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, new goal - to get to 52 before Iansyd gets to 104 so I dont get lapped.

Okay, new goal - to get to 52 before Iansyd gets to 104 so I dont get lapped.

Go for it - good luck .

I think I just caught a glimpse of the back of your head as I can around the last bend so be careful. I'm getting closer.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Thats not Jeff's head, its mine. I'm drafting Jeff right now waiting for the right moment to fly past him.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thats not Jeff's head, its mine. I'm drafting Jeff right now waiting for the right moment to fly past him.

Is Minnesota starting to thaw out around the edges?  I'm taking rest, hoping that a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.  This sucks.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

Is Minnesota starting to thaw out around the edges?  I'm taking rest, hoping that a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.  This sucks.

Yeah, it seems like three of us stopped working. I'll get another Sunday and go for the double the following week. After that I'll have to start looking over my shoulder too.

xhristopher

Just looked. Ian is putting the hurt on our numbers. Running two next week isn't going to put a dent in his lead.

Just looked. Ian is putting the hurt on our numbers. Running two next week isn't going to put a dent in his lead.

Nope, catching our good friend Ian (or is it our good fiend Ian) would be a tall order.  Now it's time for Ian to cash in some fitness chips and kick some PR ass.  Once I've recovered from Boston (however long that might take) I hope to do the same. 

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Nope, catching our good friend Ian (or is it our good fiend Ian) would be a tall order.  Now it's time for Ian to cash in some fitness chips and kick some PR ass.  Once I've recovered from Boston (however long that might take) I hope to do the same. 

After the end of this week I'm going to be real nice to everyone and give you a chance to catch up.

<taunting>

Over the next 31 days I'm only planning to add 4 more to my score card as I taper and then recover from a PB attempt at the Rotorua Marathon at the end of the month (I want to see 2hr:5?:?? on the finish clock AFTER I cross the line).  I guess BadDawg's Boston run will hold him back from a challenge, but if xhristopher, & jpdeaux work on just one HM every other day then you'll pass me. I'm not too worried yet about a challenge from Burnt Toast and jeffdonahue though. I'll still probably have to lap them before they get a chance to get close to meCool.

</taunting>

Running - cheaper than therapy

Just being mentioned is a big achievement for me and my running career. Lap away Ian, lap away.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Carl A

<taunting>

Cool.

</taunting>

Taunting is the most helpful thing for me at this point.

Smile

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

xhristopher

Nice 5K effort, Jeff. PR right? Nice to see all these 13.1s paying off.

jeffdonahue

Nice 5K effort, Jeff. PR right? Nice to see all these 13.1s paying off.

That was a PR - not by as much as I'd hoped, but a PR is still a PR.

a PR is still a PR.

Yes it is, and not easy to come by this time of year.  Congrats!

E.J.

jeffdonahue

Yes it is, and not easy to come by this time of year.  Congrats!

Thanks, and congrats to you too - I see you are currently in the lead in the Good Times series.