52 in 52

4 in 5 days ain't bad (Read 367 times)

I chased/pushed Jason at the Wilmington half last fall. It worked out ok for both of us. I like the idea of thursday track workouts. The program I'm loosely following begins asking for intervals about now, 5x1200 this week. I'll have to see what the schedule allows.

BTW, your dog looks fast.

Well the running part sucks, but we eat pasta or pizza and drink beer at Mario's after which does not suck.     : )

Then:

Now:

He takes his retirement pretty seriously.  Do you think this chair makes my butt look big?

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

MTA:  you don't have to be a GLRR member to check out the track workouts on Thursday (but once you try you'll want to join...)  

http://glrr.net/track/index.htm

I'm coming to check it out tomorrow. I could use some track work. I've logged two workouts as "intervals" since September.

I'm coming to check it out tomorrow. I could use some track work. I've logged two workouts as "intervals" since September.

You picked a good week for a test drive, I think the workout's 4 x mile.  Just delightful.

Needless to say, you want to allow time for a couple of easy miles for warmup.  Jason arrived a couple minutes before we started last week, and wasn't exactly loving the first couple of intervals.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

4 x mile.  Just delightful.

Lovely. Just what I needed.

Do you know when the doors open? I was hoping to get in a good handful of warmup miles.

Do you know when the doors open? I was hoping to get in a good handful of warmup miles.

Hmmm.  I thought this would be an easy answer, maybe not so much.  Here's the word from the Lexington Rec website:

Evening Jogging will take place in the Field House from 7:15 – 9:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.  The period for this activity is November 1, 2010 through April 14, 2011.  On Thursday evening the Liberty Athletic Club will use the facility.  Other runners and joggers are welcome to share the track with these young runners.

Which is kinda weird.  The woman who collects the $5.00 doesn't usually show up until after we're underway.  The latest we've ever started is 7:00pm, and I have no idea who the Liberty Athletic Club is.  If they've been at the track, it's a very small club.

The Greater Lowell website's Track & Coaching page used to advise folks to show up early and warm up.  I think it used to say 6:30, but that is no longer on the page.  I usually show up around 6:30 and there is pretty much always somebody there before me.

I've never had a problem getting into the building (there is usually something going on in the infield, like wrestling practice or basketball), and I don't think anybody would bother you if you're just wandering around the track like a well behaved rat on his exercise wheel.

E.J.

xhristopher

Hmmm.  I thought this would be an easy answer, maybe not so much.  Here's the word from the Lexington Rec website:

Evening Jogging will take place in the Field House from 7:15 – 9:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.  The period for this activity is November 1, 2010 through April 14, 2011.  On Thursday evening the Liberty Athletic Club will use the facility.  Other runners and joggers are welcome to share the track with these young runners.

Which is kinda weird.  The woman who collects the $5.00 doesn't usually show up until after we're underway.  The latest we've ever started is 7:00pm, and I have no idea who the Liberty Athletic Club is.  If they've been at the track, it's a very small club.

The Greater Lowell website's Track & Coaching page used to advise folks to show up early and warm up.  I think it used to say 6:30, but that is no longer on the page.  I usually show up around 6:30 and there is pretty much always somebody there before me.

I've never had a problem getting into the building (there is usually something going on in the infield, like wrestling practice or basketball), and I don't think anybody would bother you if you're just wandering around the track like a well behaved rat on his exercise wheel.

I saw that 7:15 too so wondered if it was old info. I'm prepared to run some warmup outside, if need be. I'd rather avoid it since it will be about 20 out and I got my fill of cold running yesterday when I was underdressed for an 8.5 mile point to point run in a stiff cold constant side/headwind. I'll try to get there no later than 6:30 and hope for 3-5 miles as warmup. Should be fun since I'm now carrying a degree of fatigue in my legs.

I saw that 7:15 too so wondered if it was old info. I'm prepared to run some warmup outside, if need be. I'd rather avoid it since it will be about 20 out and I got my fill of cold running yesterday when I was underdressed for an 8.5 mile point to point run in a stiff cold constant side/headwind. I'll try to get there no later than 6:30 and hope for 3-5 miles as warmup. Should be fun since I'm now carrying a degree of fatigue in my legs.

Well there are generally two groups going, if J's pace is a bit hot you can take a page out of my "playbook for an off night" and trade down.

E.J.