52 in 52

So close... (Read 227 times)

I was just about to pull even with the target, then I had a less than pleasant encounter with an old school manual lawnmower's blade.  I got back at it last week, with two runs of 13.1 or more.  I'm hoping to run it twice a week to get a bit of a cushion, as long as I stay out of the ER it's still a good possibility.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ed, you OK?  Sharp things scare me...I've taken DH to urgent care twice for cuts on sharp objects (once was a big chisel, the other time was some sheet metal).

I have no idea how many 13.1+ I have now...I should go count one of these days.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ed, you OK?  Sharp things scare me...I've taken DH to urgent care twice for cuts on sharp objects (once was a big chisel, the other time was some sheet metal).

I have no idea how many 13.1+ I have now...I should go count one of these days.

Well I feel like a wuss now in comparison to Did's chisel and sheet metal, the location of one of my cuts was just in a bad spot for running.  It was on the inside edge of the ball of my left foot.  I could run straight ahead OK, but couldn't really push off into turns.

I was running so well before I f'ed up, that I was really mad and decided to beat my foot into submission.  Managed to run a 5K PR with the stitches in, and last week's return to running 13.1 and 17.5 (painfully) seems to have done the trick.  It still feels odd, but not bad.

Keep that guy outta trouble will ya?  Those ER copays SUCK.    Smile

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.