52 in 52

Post when you get your first one in (Read 362 times)

jeffdonahue

Got mine in today - had planned it for tomorrow but skiing got cancelled so I decided to head out for a nice long run in this 50 degree weather.

#1 for 2011 was all over with by 8:15 am Jan 1st. A slow run in muggy 93% humidity 23 degC (73F).

Running - cheaper than therapy

NIcely done gents!  I'm hoping Tuesday if not earlier.  Too many post-race beers and too much post-race food to dream of one today.   Dead

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

Well done fellas. The epic rains here kept me down to 8. Pitty as it was in the 50's. It will be done by Sunday.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

I came up about 2.5 short today. I just wasn't thinking. I was feeling great, had the time, and could have knocked it out easily. I hope to get it done tomorrow but regret not starting the year with two.

I just wasn't thinking.

This is very important, and goes a long way toward explaining your success Chris.  Since running is stupid, the less thinking you do the better off you are.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

This is very important, and goes a long way toward explaining your success Chris.  Since running is stupid, the less thinking you do the better off you are.

Thanks for that. Feel free to point out the many 13.1 opportunities I miss along the way too.

This morning I got a nice 14 miler in. I took it nice and easy and wrapped up a pretty good week. I've got a little extra free time on Wednesday so I hope to make the most of it and put another in the bank.

Too nice a day not to, so I'm on the board.  Raced pretty hard yesterday, so first and last miles were kinda rough but overall a very nice run.

E.J.

Could get two today, I'm setting out with an Irish lunatic ultrarunner this morning.  Had dinner with him last night, he's a very nice lunatic.  We'll see what I can get out of my legs...

E.J.

That was about as much fun as you can have while running 27 miles.  Easy pace, ,my bud Fil joined us for the first 5 miles and pushed the buggy.  I pushed it for the next 15, and was not sad when Tony's uncle pulled up at mile 20 and took it in his SUV.

The wind was light, the sun was out and the temp was somewhere in the low to mid 30's.  Great stuff.

E.J.

jeffdonahue

Geez, I already feel behind with you guys that have 2 and 3 already.

Geez, I already feel behind with you guys that have 2 and 3 already.

Stop right there young man, it's a long year with plenty of time for all.  No hurries, no worries.  And there's no way I would have covered 27 yesterday, but it was a special opportunity that I couldn't pass up.  Great fun!

E.J.

jeffdonahue

Stop right there young man,

I dont know what you said after that, I just stopped there cause it's been a while since someone called me young.  My kids keep reminding me that I'm going to be 40 this year.

xhristopher

That was about as much fun as you can have while running 27 miles. 

Wow! Between you, Jason, and others... your having some fun long runs to get the year started.

Soon we're going to have to start a tread about me not thinking. Saturday I threw away my first 13.1 and today somehow I paused my garmin mid run, didn't look for a while, then had to guess at my mileage. I thought I ran an insurance mile but decided I had better measure it on the map as soon as I got home and, sure enough, I had only run 12.86 miles. I stood up, put my shoes on, and went right back out the door and made it a nice 14.2 mile run with some quality hills.

I stood up, put my shoes on, and went right back out the door and made it a nice 14.2 mile run with some quality hills.

Attaboy.  A fine example of your membership in this exclusive club paying handsome dividends already.

E.J.