52 in 52

52 in 22 (Read 229 times)

Damn, way to work Ian.  Stay healthy and keep it rollin'.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Crap, he may actually lap me.  I think I am still behind the pace bunny by a HM or 2 right now.  Hopefully that wil pick up soon.

wow, over 680 miles in 52 runs, in less then 6 months. I'm not worthy

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Carl A

Congratulations, Ian!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Thanks for noticing. Anyone else I tell where I'm up to in my YTD HM count just thinks I'm nuts. I don't mix with enough runners.

Pulled off #53 today during a HM race. It was my 3rd HM for the week, I've got a cold, and had taken a few days off with a "tight" hamstring  so I didn't think I'd actually race it & didn't warm up ... but at about 1 mile in I thought what the heck lets go for it so I made it a race after-all. 1:24:14 - not bad for an old bugger.

Running - cheaper than therapy

I'd say that's a little better than not bad Ian.  And feeling under the weather and turning in that time tells me you're going to smash three hours for a full, it's just a matter of time.

Congrats again on your first 52, and especially on #53 !

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Carl A

I just got around to checking, and it looks like BadDawg has already gotten past 52 also.

Congratulations!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Thanks Carl, I'm currently on pace for 104 in 52 but don't think I'll be able to hold that average through a fall marathon taper and recovery.  Two a week does have a nice ring to it though, and I've been known to be motivated by stoopid things like that.

E.J.

xhristopher

As always, nice running.

but..

Two a week does have a nice ring to it

I won't be joining that group. 

I won't be joining that group. 

Wicked smaht.  How's the leg treating you after the FORR 5k?

E.J.

xhristopher

Wicked smaht.  How's the leg treating you after the FORR 5k?

FORR was great. The leg was more sore than inflamed after which allowed for a better focus on what the problem is. I'm now guessing it's the anterior tibialis muscle and probably the tendon. Something in there. Eventually I'll figure it out. I haven't felt the issue at all since Tuesday evening. It's almost as if I'm cured of that problem. Might as well try running again.