52 in 52

Damn. Taking a break. (Read 118 times)

It looks like I'm giving the rest of you a chance to catch up or overtake. I'm giving myself a some OFF time to allow escalating heel pain to calm down. Its been two and a half weeks now of no running and it will probably be another two or three weeks before I tackle another HM. Oh well - its been a good ride until now. It will stuff up my October Marathon PB ideas, but it should help get me in even better condition for April or May.

Running - cheaper than therapy

xhristopher

OK, I'll get right on it...catching up, that is.

Actually, I too am thinking about next spring. Strange how that works. Running can be a real bastard to some of us. Funny how we can't learn our lesson and keep coming back wanting more. Heel quickly.

jpdeaux

Ian, sorry to hear that. You were so far ahead I didn't even notice you had stopped running. That sucks. But don't automatically discount the possibility of running a good marathon. Rest can do wondrous things. But most importantly is, as X aptly and cleverly pointed out, "heel" up.

That sucks. But don't automatically discount the possibility of running a good marathon. Rest can do wondrous things.

After your last injury you came back stronger, here's hoping that's the case again Ian.  Heal that heel, so you can get back on the road.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.